KAUST PhD application Fall 2021

Eleonora

11 hours ago, Mohammed T said:

Hi,

Till now, I haven't. I live in SA and have obtained my degrees from here as well. Same as you, I am also receiving acceptance from other universities , so I hope to hear from KAUST soon...

Thanks, 

Hey buddy
I guess they gonna contact you soon for HR interviews, usually, there is two of them.
Moreover, I am really happy to hear that you have received offers from other universities and I wish you will soon get an acceptance in KAUST as well.

Hi MCQ,

Thank you for your support. I really appreciated.

I will be waiting for their response. By the way, I have mentioned previously that I had applied for master in KAUST and my interviews toke a place during May and the decision was made in July 2020, so maybe the will follow the same schedule.

Wish you ALL the best.

Kind Regards,

Edited by Mohammed T

12 hours ago, Mohammed T said:

and the decision was made in July 2020, so maybe the will follow the same schedule.

Well could you let us know when was exactly in July?, just to have an idea about when shall we expect their feedback.

This is just a bit after two weeks from now which makes a lot of sense as they have just stopped accepting any more applications.

So thanks bro for sharing this info with everybody here ✌️?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Abdul Waris,

I hope you are doing fine.

Unfortunately, I did not receive any feedback from KAUST yet.

Like you, I am also wondering if anybody here have received any feedback from KAUST since mid April until now!.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess no one has received any feedback yet. 

I, personally, considered this delay as rejection and am working on my other plans since a while now.

Actually, as long as nobody knows when shall we get the feedback, then it doesn't really make sense for me to keep waiting.

So if you would like to take an advice from me, then,

just forget about it!

5 hours ago, MCQ said:

am working on my other plans since a while now.

Actually, as long as nobody knows when shall we get the feedback, then it doesn't really make sense for me to keep waiting.

Yes, I am doing the same for a while now. 

I was just curious whether others have received any feedback from KAUST. 

Thanks for the advice, though. :D ?

Hi everyone, 

I am really upset of how Kaust, with its well reputation, processes the applications of the prospective students. I have contacted the aministration and the professor who interviewed, but no one responded.

Any how, there are tons of other excellent institutes around the globe.

Best of luck for ALL of you "prospective students ??"

I applied to Bioscience Master's program on the 1st of march. My academic interview was on the 5th of May, my personal interview was on the 31st of May, and I haven't received a response yet. So I guess they are taking more time in this cycle for some reason because it's impossible that all of us --who got to the personal interview-- got rejected. As I know, when you get to the personal interview, that means you're admitted, but if you showed something unusual in the personal interview, you get excluded. Also, you need to check your spam and promotion emails.

Keep your faith!

New to this forum but have been following the posts for a while now.

I applied for a masters in environmental engineering in the Nov round and transferred departments to marine science. Had my final personal interview over a month ago, and have been waiting like many of you.

I have just been informed my application has been deferred for consideration until fall 2022, next year. I am really annoyed about this since its such short notice and my application has dragged on for so long - largely their fault - and it is very hard to do anything meaningful career or experience-wise in a year. My main concern is that I have not even received an offer for next year, despite completing all the interview stages, so I still do not know. I have sent an email to the admissions department with my concerns, but just wondering if anyone else has had this? At the very least I would have thought I would have got an offer/rejection even if its for next year since the only thing left to do on their part is to decide if I got in or not. Seems a very strange move for KAUST and it has thrown all my potential plans into disarray. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I received my admission on July 31, but I think that it is not possible to arrive on time, and I read that I can defer my entrance so that I can arrive on January 2022, has someone received their offer late and is it in the same situation as me?