foreign degrees, low GPA

Hi everyone,

I just moved in NY. I have a foreign degree in Political Sciences with a 2.4 GPA ( very low) and a Master Degree in Diplomacy. I did better during my Master degree and I have a 3.5 gpa. I have been working full time when I was a student and I also had other personal situations during my first degree, I would love to start a juris doctor degree in NY but I know I have no chance to get in with this lower GPA. How do I improve my GPA? I am confused where to go and how to move forward and I end up loosing my time instead of getting the right information.  Does it makes any difference having a Master degree with a better GPA? I am ready for whatever it takes but I am not able to count my options. Do I need a second BA and if so, do they evaluate plenty of credits from my previous degree? Do they take in consideration only credits or they do look the grads also from my previous degree? What about taking more classes at community college to boost my bachelor GPA instead of doing a second degree? Do I have any other option? 

Thank you a million times for your help.

On 5/4/2021 at 1:22 PM, iris85 said:

Hi everyone,

I just moved in NY. I have a foreign degree in Political Sciences with a 2.4 GPA ( very low) and a Master Degree in Diplomacy. I did better during my Master degree and I have a 3.5 gpa. I have been working full time when I was a student and I also had other personal situations during my first degree, I would love to start a juris doctor degree in NY but I know I have no chance to get in with this lower GPA. How do I improve my GPA? I am confused where to go and how to move forward and I end up loosing my time instead of getting the right information.  Does it makes any difference having a Master degree with a better GPA? I am ready for whatever it takes but I am not able to count my options. Do I need a second BA and if so, do they evaluate plenty of credits from my previous degree? Do they take in consideration only credits or they do look the grads also from my previous degree? What about taking more classes at community college to boost my bachelor GPA instead of doing a second degree? Do I have any other option? 

Thank you a million times for your help.

Email the law school(s) you hope to attend and ask. As for your GPA question, the only way to increase it is to take more courses and do well.