Taking econ classes before applying to Masters in International Relations?

I will be applying to MAIR programs in the fall and realize that most programs list micro and macro as pre-reqs or strongly recommended before starting the program. I never took econ in college (majored in political science but econ wasn't required) so I would like to take both now before I apply.

My question: does it matter what type of class I take? Can I just prioritize taking an inexpensive, online course from a community college? Or should I look into courses at different universities? Thanks in advance for any insight!

On 5/18/2021 at 12:30 PM, erin2201 said:

I will be applying to MAIR programs in the fall and realize that most programs list micro and macro as pre-reqs or strongly recommended before starting the program. I never took econ in college (majored in political science but econ wasn't required) so I would like to take both now before I apply.

My question: does it matter what type of class I take? Can I just prioritize taking an inexpensive, online course from a community college? Or should I look into courses at different universities? Thanks in advance for any insight!

For fulfilling pre-reqs community college classes are just fine. What you need is the transcript, not the "brand name".