Retaking undergrad classes for higher grades for PhD program?

Hello everyone! 
I applied to a variety of different PhD programs this last round and didn’t get into any of them (ouch haha) but I did have one interview and thus I was able to ask for feedback about my application/interview from this school. The coordinator told me a variety of things like getting more experience etc etc but one thing she said was that my abnormal psych and stats grades from undergrad were low and as they were prerequisite courses I would need to retake them to get a better grade. Why this confused me is that I have a masters degree in psychology so I have essentially retaken both of these classes in the course of my masters so I was confused why I would go back to the undergrad level to retake these classes. Has anyone had this experience before? Did you retake the classes? Is this common that schools would ask this? P.s it is listed nowhere on the website what the prerequisite courses are or the required grades are for the program. I know you need a foundation in psychology and these courses are foundational but I have extensive experience in both through my coursework and I would think my graduate course grades would be sufficient. If that’s what it takes to get into a program so be it but I want to know if this is at least common that schools will ask this before I shell out the money for the course. Thank you!!!