Seeking for advice on Master of Theology Options(New Testament)

kor_to_nola

Hi, after reading some on this forum, I would like to ask for some advice. 
I'm currently a m.div student looking for a Th.M program. Since I have few unique conditions, I'll explain my background before seeking advice.   

1. I'm an international(Korean to be specific)

2. I've graduated with an US undergrad degree. (Small Conservative Evangelical Undergrad) (3.3 GPA)

3. Currently attending an evangelical M.div program in Korea(military reasons in South Korea) (4.3 GPA on a 4.5 Scale / 3.8 for a 4.0 scale)

4. I'm a bit late to my application process. I should have started last year, but had too much on my plate at the time with finishing my M.div Thesis, Marriage and other personal reasons.

5. While coming from an evangelical background, I am no longer an inerrantist. Past experiences and events has changed my views. 

6. Despite of my Korean school being evangelical, my academic references will be coming from professors with 1) non-conservative Top Tier US Ph.D program 2) Top Tier UK program. 

At this moment, the only school that I could attend immediately are SBC Th.M programs, but for Ph.D I'd like to attend Top Tier US programs in NT.

I understand my chances to TT US Ph.D programs will be very thin if I finish out in SBC schools. 

So here are the options I'm considering.

1. Transfer to another Top Tier Th.M program after attending SBC Th.M for one year.

2. Wait for the next application season to apply for other Th.M programs (while preparing some stuff for further Ph.D) 

3. Just attend the SBC Th.M program and prepare to apply for Top Tier Ph.D program or non-SBC evangelical school.

4. Possibly consider UK schools. 

I know it's a little hectic, but I hope I could get some advice. 

Thank you! 

Edited by kor_to_nola

You're absolutely right that your chances of getting into a top tier (or any funded) PhD program are very slim if you go to an SBC school for an additional master's. Have you considered the ThM program at Candler School of Theology? Their final deadline is July 1, so you still have just a bit of time if you want to apply this year. I have a friend (who happens to be Korean!) who went through that program; if you're interested, I could probably put you in touch if you send me a PM.

48 minutes ago, exegete said:

You're absolutely right that your chances of getting into a top tier (or any funded) PhD program are very slim if you go to an SBC school for an additional master's. Have you considered the ThM program at Candler School of Theology? Their final deadline is July 1, so you still have just a bit of time if you want to apply this year. I have a friend (who happens to be Korean!) who went through that program; if you're interested, I could probably put you in touch if you send me a PM.

Hello! I've looked at Candler, however I do have some personal restrictions that would need some explanation. I am definitely interested and will be very thankful if I could talk to this student!