Do international students have a higher chance of getting accepted into a US university if they are living in the US?

I'll be in the US during my application period (F2 to my wife, who is an F1) and I'm wondering if it's better to put my address from the home country or my address in the US. I'll be in the US for 7 months -- until February, maybe. After that, I'll be in my home country, which is probably when I'll receive the results from the applications. Also, TOEFL and GRE would be taken in the US. 

In addition to my initial question, which address would you put in your application if that was your case?

Are you applying for the F1 from within the US (ie you are changing status within the US from one nonimmigrant status to the F1 student status) or from your home country (ie you will be leaving the US and receiving the visa from your home country's US consulate)? If the latter, the address should be your permanent residential address in your home country (as the DS-160 requests, if I remember correctly). If the former, that's a different process so idk but you could probably look it up on the USCIS website.