Planning Admissions 2022

10 hours ago, Akshitasaini said:

I have been admitted to UNC- Chapel Hill and Rutgers- New Brunisck for Masters in City and Regional Planning program

Which would be a better choice?

(given I am an international student, so out-state tuition fee is almost the same for both)

From what I heard, Rutgers might be better for transportation. Other than that they’re both great programs so I would just pick based on where you want to work after graduation

Now that lots of schools have released decisions (or their first batch, at least), anyone else struggling to choose where they want to attend?

Personally I'm still stuck between the University of Toronto and Ryerson University. They're in the same city, cost the same, are giving me the same amount of funding, but are very different programs (more theory-based with practical electives vs more practice-based)... but I'm not sure which one suits me more.

9 hours ago, cazn said:

Accepted my offer for Planning at Waterloo last month! Has anyone else made their final decisions yet? If so, anyone else deciding on Waterloo? 

I was accepted there but chose Queen's in the end because Waterloo is too research heavy for me personally as I'm more of a hands-on/coursework kind of learner, but getting an offer from Waterloo felt pretty awesome ngl! I hope you enjoy it, it's a great program and solid school! 

15 hours ago, cazn said:

Accepted my offer for Planning at Waterloo last month! Has anyone else made their final decisions yet? If so, anyone else deciding on Waterloo? 

Turned down Waterloo. Looks better fit for future academics, maybe because it already has a practical undergrad program (not research based) with five coop terms. Going to Queen's because more into their team/ collaborative approach and real-life exposure from field trips and international opportunities. Waterloo good if you prefer doing research and maybe want to be a prof. Bonus of Waterloo research machine is cheaper tuition and higher funding. Programs aimed at creating working planners instead of researchers are considered professional programs so they cost more and fund less. Also the planning building and setting at Waterloo looks great.

Hi, so this is kinda important so please read through.

I sent my application to AAdrl in December and i received a reply in march 1st week. They have waitlisted me there. In the mail they stated I'll get to know about the waitlist in early june which is super late. I want to be at AA but it's a uk school and has a different admission process for waitlist unlike us universities. 

1. Does anyone have any experience with AA waitlist and what is the timeline?

2. Does sending LOCI interest works here because program head Theodore spyropolus asses who gets in and his mail is not there on the website. Will sending it to admissions mail work?

3. It is a request from me for applicants who're admitted to AADrl and are not willing to continue their admissions there then please let them know you're not going  so people like me who're waitlisted can get to know the decision early

any advice