Which schools am I competitive for virology Ph.D. programs?

waitinganxiously

Hi everyone!

I am re-applying to grad schools after getting rejected from all the programs I applied to last year. I am interested in virology/ microbiology programs and I would like to study the pathogenesis and test therapeutics against emerging diseases. Which schools would I be competitive for? Thank you!!

My stats are below:

GPA: 3.0 (from a UC school)

Other stats: Asian domestic applicant

GRE: have not taken yet

Poster presentations: 2 posters

Awards: NSF GRFP 2020 Honorable mention

Research: 2 years in a plant biology lab during undergrad

3.5 years in a virology lab as a full time technician

Publications: 1-mid author; 1 second-author (in revision); 1 mid-author (in progress)

Hi! I'm re-applying to micro programs as well. I thought it might help to give you my current apply list, just if you needed some ideas of schools to look into. A lot of programs aren't requiring the GRE anymore (at least none of the schools on my list do). I think your stats are pretty good. If you haven't already, it might be a good idea to email the admissions committees and see if you can get some feedback as to why you didn't get in the first time. 

Cornell, UVA, UPenn, OHSU, Hopkins, UF, Tulane, Louisville, Case Western, Penn State, UAB, Oklahoma, Mayo, Florida State, UT Health San Antonio, Ohio State, and Boston University. 

Good luck to you! ?