PHD PROBABILITY PROFILE EVALUATION FALL 2022

Hello everyone, I would like to apply Phd in probability for fall 2022. I don't have a traditional background, therefore I would like someone evaluate my profile. Since there's a lot of uncertainty in 2021, much of the information here have their uncertainty as well. However I will update the information when the things are certain. Also any advice is appreciated.

Undergraduate institution: Chennai Mathematical Institute

Major: Mathematics and Computer Science

GPA: 7.5/10(overall)

Math course: Probability Theory(A),Stochastic Proceses 1,2(A both), Analysis1,2,3(B), Complex Analysis(B), Algebra1(B), Dicrete Math(AB), Enumerative Combi, optimisation(B)

Graduate: Indian Statistical Institute

Major: Statistics

Grade: 77% in 1st semester 

Courses:- Probability, Measure Theoretic Probability, Analysis1,2 , Statistical Inference, Optimisation

Course plan to take in fall 2021:  Functional Analysis,Time Series Analysis, Fourier Analysis, Martingale Theory, Large Deviations,(for spring 2022- Weak Convergence, Brownian Motion, Percolation, Branching Process, Ergodic Theory)

Research experience: None

Projects:- Random Walks and Electrical Networks, Random Graphs, Large Deviations

LoR:  Not yet decided

GRE: Not taken(may take it in 2021)

GRE math: Not taken(may take it in 2021)

Award: Two year scholarships for full time master student and three years for bachelors

type of studentInternational Asian male

Type of PhD: Math ,Statistics

Research interest: Probability and Stochastic Processes

Can anyone kindly suggest me where I should apply for Fall 2022?

Thanking You in advance

• 2 weeks later...

There is a ton of open points in your profile. Try to get as high GRE/TOEFL scores as you can. Regarding GRE, Q168-170 and V155- would be good scores for Asian students. Besides, you will definitely need research experience to get accepted from top 50. One of my Asian friends got accepted from outside top 50 with 2 decent papers. But the good news is ISI is one of the best Asian schools and has sent many students to the US. That means, once you have at least one manuscript along with a strong LOR, you are likely to get accepted from top 50 (Pittsburgh, UC-Irvine, UT-Austin) or luckily top 30 (UC-Davis, UF, OSU, UIUC). Try to find a former student in your school who has a similar background to you and see what they got.