I had terrible social anxiety and depression during my college years, bad financial condition added to my stress. I did not do well in college and had a bunch of C grades in every semester except for my last sem where I got a B-.  I am planning to apply to Interaction design Masters courses and want to get into top colleges like Parson's, Pratt, Calarts etc. Do I have a chance? I will be applying as an international student. I have a GPA of 6.6 out of 10....not sure what that translates to in the 4 point American system. (Some sites say its a 3 point GPA and some convert it to 2.8) Do I have to explain my mental health past and why I got such low grades in my SOP? 

Although I did recover from my mental health issues and have about 4 years of work experience in the Design industry and doing pretty well right now. Will a strong application in other areas except for college transcripts be helpful enough to get me admits in these colleges?

Edited by Kookie555