Canadian IA/IR Programs - NPSIA, GSPIA, or Balsillie (MAGG/MIPP)?

rickthetemp

• 1 month later...

Current student at NPSIA, I find the program incredible. The professors are all very knowledgeable and there is a co-op program here for getting a paid summer job in an IR field. They are competed for but I have yet to meet a NPSIA student who did not get one. NPSIA is great if you want to work in GAC. Another thing I have noticed while here is that the professors are incredible for networking (not all of them, but enough to make a difference). One professor has been introducing us to some incredibly influential people in the field of humanitarian aid and during a time when so much of school and work is remote, this kind of help with networking is priceless. Ottawa is also just a nice city all around, and Carleton's campus is really beautiful. Also, as a final note, I did my undergrad in IR and honestly I have found that I've learned more in just a few months at NPSIA than I did in my entire undergrad in IR. It is by no means easy but if you want a strong and useful IR degree with the opportunity to do co-op (to help secure a job as well) then I would recommend NPSIA. Those other options might be fantastic too, I am just not as familiar with what they offer.