Fall 2022 - Canadian IA/IR Programs - NPSIA, GSPIA, Munk, Balsillie (MAGG/MIPP), UBC MPPGA

rickthetemp

I thought I'd get the ball rolling early. Let's all be nervous wrecks together. I'll probably be applying to GSPIA, the MAGG program at the Balsillie School, and the Political Science Master's programs at Carleton and UOttawa. How about you?

Edited by rickthetemp

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! If you accept an offer from a university, does it automatically cancel your other applications? I know this may be a dumb question, as all applications are not on the same databse/platform but I wanted to ask to make sure.  I recently got an offer from Waterloo and my deadline to accept/decline is coming up. However, im still waiting to hear back from other universities. Also, in this situation, would you recommend I do next? can I contact the universities to extend the time period to accept/decline?

On 3/12/2022 at 12:13 AM, 7s7s said:

Hey everyone! If you accept an offer from a university, does it automatically cancel your other applications? I know this may be a dumb question, as all applications are not on the same databse/platform but I wanted to ask to make sure.  I recently got an offer from Waterloo and my deadline to accept/decline is coming up. However, im still waiting to hear back from other universities. Also, in this situation, would you recommend I do next? can I contact the universities to extend the time period to accept/decline?

Hi 7s7s, if you accept an offer from one university, it will not (or at least, should not...would be news to me if it did!) cancel your other applications. You may be able to ask for an extension to make a decision. I've applied to a few of Ontario universities, and have already received an extension from one of them to make a decision, as I am waiting on offers from Europe. I would get in contact with the contact person/email on your offer, or the head of the department in which you applied. I went the latter (department), and they were nothing but kind and understanding.