2022 EEB Phd Admissions

anthro_eco

Hi EEB peeps! I got an admit from Notre Dame Biological Sciences (EEB area of study) on Wednesday! I’m extremely excited that I’m definitely going to grad school in the fall and it also takes some pressure off my interview next week since I only applied to two schools. I’m also surprised to hear back so quickly. The interviews were at the very beginning of January though which is early so I guess the whole application review process just happened earlier than most other schools. I wish everyone all the best as the acceptances continue to roll out over the next few months!!

Edited by larche14

I have been lurking in this thread for quite some time and I thought that it'd be nice to share mine as well. I am an international student applying to 4 US and 2 Canadian universities:

• Duke University - rejected
  • U Michigan Ann Arbor - rejected

I have been invited for an interview in one US university and I am still waiting for the other three. 

This is my first year to apply and for some reason, getting those rejection emails just got me more excited and relieved. It was a weird feeling, although it helped that I toned my expectations down after going through horrible things during the past few months. This is when I realized that while it is understandable that we fret so much about the application, there is always next year. Rejections are based on the number of slots they have and the documents you presented. 

Anyway, I am positive in at least 3 out of the 4 remaining applications. Let's do this!

Edited by chongmkt

On 1/9/2022 at 12:28 AM, lepidopterista said:

I'm glad your Notre Dame interview went well! And it's nice to meet someone else who is going to be at the interview weekend! I contacted one of the graduate coordinators and she said that they would send out an email by the end of the week (this was on Thursday). I haven't gotten any updates, but I'm guessing they'll send out an email early next week with more information and the link to the event. 

I hope your Cornell interview went well! I also just wanted to say that your Crash Bandicoot drawing was exquisite?

6 hours ago, larche14 said:

I hope your Cornell interview went well! I also just wanted to say that your Crash Bandicoot drawing was exquisite?

Thank you thank you ?‍♂️. I hope yours went well too! And best of luck with admissions, everyone seemed really nice so I hope we both get in! 

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally accepted to Brown University EEOB yesterday. After six straight rejections, its a bit overwhelming, almost surreal. After a really long time I'm looking forward to the future, absolutely excited about the lab and the department. Congratulations to everyone else and I wish you guys all the very best for graduate school. 

3 hours ago, cactuscactus said:

Any U-Mich EEB interviewers here? Dyiiiiiing waiting to hear back, I really hope we hear back this week since next week is U-M's spring break :-0

Got my U-Mich acceptance this afternoon!