Knight Hennessy Scholars 2022 Cohort- Stanford University

MediaMonkey

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2022 at 3:20 PM, automatic_peas said:

Got invited to the video portion— anyone have any tips? 

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what grad program did you apply too and when did you submit that application? Since these video invites are sent out on a rolling basis, I feel like this may play a factor in how early we receive an invite... 

I received an interview invite to my Stanford Grad program, Chemical and Systems Biology PhD (YAY!; app submitted Nov 28th). No update for KHS but I am still hopeful!

36 minutes ago, MediaMonkey said:

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what grad program did you apply too and when did you submit that application? Since these video invites are sent out on a rolling basis, I feel like this may play a factor in how early we receive an invite... 

I received an interview invite to my Stanford Grad program, Chemical and Systems Biology PhD (YAY!; app submitted Nov 28th). No update for KHS but I am still hopeful!

Thanks! I applied to a PhD in the humanities, and I sent in my program application December 1st and my KH app the day it was due. 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:27 PM, MediaMonkey said:

Hey @MediaMonkeysame here!! Just got my invite to cancer bio on Friday so I’m hopeful that maybe I’ll get a video submission request in the next few weeks. Otherwise still super excited to even have the chance to interview for a PhD at Stanford!! Is there a final date when they’ll let us know about the virtual interview weekend?

8 minutes ago, mat10d said:

Hey @MediaMonkeysame here!! Just got my invite to cancer bio on Friday so I’m hopeful that maybe I’ll get a video submission request in the next few weeks. Otherwise still super excited to even have the chance to interview for a PhD at Stanford!! Is there a final date when they’ll let us know about the virtual interview weekend?

January 26 is the last day I know of, but my video is due on the 14th if that helps.

I have seen that the interview invite is on rolling basis, so I hope that there is still a chance we get an interview invite. Is the fact of not receiving the interview invite eliminatory ? Is it an obligation to do an interview in order to go to the next step ?

1 hour ago, Robotome said:

I have seen that the interview invite is on rolling basis, so I hope that there is still a chance we get an interview invite. Is the fact of not receiving the interview invite eliminatory ? Is it an obligation to do an interview in order to go to the next step ?

I know they say it's on a rolling basis, but I personally don't believe that it is the case given the large diversity of programs that have already had K-H invites. The rolling basis also doesn't affect me as much so I don't have much at stake in it being true or not. You'll need to get the video invite to go to the next step, which is immersion weekend.

5 hours ago, Mister P said:

At this point since I haven't received a video invite, should I just forget about it?

My program is also yet to invite for interviews !

It says applicants are given 6 to 10 days to do the video once invited so I'm remaining somewhat hopeful for another week... but it's not looking good for the rest of us...

2 hours ago, MediaMonkey said:

It says applicants are given 6 to 10 days to do the video once invited so I'm remaining somewhat hopeful for another week... but it's not looking good for the rest of us...

Let's remain positive yes ! It's doesn't look good at all. Sending energy as we wait. At least get in the program there.

5 hours ago, Mister P said:

Did anyone receive an invitation to submit the video recently, I mean from Jan 10th to now ?

Is is possible to get invited to interview without being asked to submit the video?

I haven't heard of anyone who has received a video invite since January 4 so unsure on that front; however, I do know you can't make Immersion Weekend without first going through the video portion.

9 hours ago, UXPortStar said:

I haven't heard of anyone who has received a video invite since January 4 so unsure on that front; however, I do know you can't make Immersion Weekend without first going through the video portion.

Well well well ! Let's see

That's confirm my thoughts. They only send invites (showing interest in you) once your Graduate Program has also reviewed application and is as well interested in you.

Can you share the link to your Discord?

Edited by Mister P

21 hours ago, UXPortStar said:

Few more invites went out today according to some people in our Discord.

Do you know when their video is due? I thought all immersion weekend invites would be sent the 26th. Maybe that's the last day to receive a video invite?  

It would be interesting if they gave some people less time than others.

1 hour ago, MediaMonkey said:

Do you know when their video is due? I thought all immersion weekend invites would be sent the 26th. Maybe that's the last day to receive a video invite?  

It would be interesting if they gave some people less time than others.

Yep, their video is due at 1PM PST on Monday. They got a shorter time than we did.