2022 Application Thread for Communications Program

3 hours ago, taxthebigcorps said:

Hello I have received admit from BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY (Media and Comms PhD), Purdue Communication PhD and have committed to Purdue. 

Congrats !!!!!

Hello. Has anyone received any updates from UT Dallas (communication) and CU boulder (emerging media arts PhD)  Any interviews or updates from these universities?

Hi guys, American and internationals. I have a request from those who got accepted into their dream schools. Would you please share your statement of purpose with me? I need some help to improve my SOP and I would love to see yours as an example. I couldn't get accepted to my top choices even one. Therefore, I have to try harder for the 2023 . I would be appreciated it if you send me your SOP by email or send me here. Your help and attention would be highly appreciated.  

On 3/9/2022 at 5:59 AM, A.M said:

Hi guys, American and internationals. I have a request from those who got accepted into their dream schools. Would you please share your statement of purpose with me? I need some help to improve my SOP and I would love to see yours as an example. I couldn't get accepted to my top choices even one. Therefore, I have to try harder for the 2023 . I would be appreciated it if you send me your SOP by email or send me here. Your help and attention would be highly appreciated.  

Same.

Hii!! I'm new to this thread and how I wish I'd found it earlier. The Grad School application process has been STRESSFUL but finally we've come to the end of it!

I'm an international student applying for a Masters.

I only applied to 4 schools and I've heard back from 3 of them.

• UT Austin - Communication Studies (Rejected, program is very research oriented which is not really my forte)
  • UNC Chapel Hill - Media and Communication/Strat Comms (Accepted!)
  • Georgetown- Communication, Culture and Technology (Accepted with funding!)
  • NYU- MCC (Still waiting!)

I really like both programs I've been accepted to so it's going to be hard to choose. Good luck to everyone that's haaving to make a decision!

16 hours ago, HatFinisher said:

Seems like the season is winding down! Has anyone made their decisions yet and accepted an offer somewhere?

Did you accepted to CU boulder emerging media arts program (critical media) or media studies?

1 hour ago, A.M said:

Did you accepted to CU boulder emerging media arts program (critical media) or media studies?

I only applied to the media studies track of the Media Research and Practice program, but I’ve heard nothing from them. From browsing past years’ threads and results though, it seems that dead air for months and months followed by an acceptance or rejection out of nowhere in late March or April is pretty common for them. Wish I had a stronger POI relationship there so I could be put out of my misery ? for now though I’m checking the portal every three hours like a crazy person.

Hi!!!Just found out about this discussion! International student here!

I had undergrad at BU and applied to around 8 grad schools. So far got rejected by UNC and Stanford, got accepted into Johns Hopkins AAP. Anyone who also applied to JHU?

I'm also wondering if the pool for international students is different, so far I still got nothing from USC and my application simply shows complete.