2022 Application Thread for Communications Program

5 hours ago, flyingkai said:

Got waitlisted by both USC and Columbia :(, and my disappointment is immense.

Seems doubtful I'll be getting off that waitlist, because who would turn down either?

Hopefully u are gonna get into one of them!!! 

2 minutes ago, THenri said:

Accepted Northwestern’s offer! I am SO excited about the school and Chicago! 

Congratulations! I grew up in the Chicago suburbs and my uncle used to live in Evanston so I can absolutely assure you that you’re going to love it!!! Feel free to reach out if you want any recommendations on places to eat/stuff to do and hopefully we’ll all see each other at NCA or elsewhere :)

On 3/15/2022 at 11:18 PM, HatFinisher said:

Congratulations! I grew up in the Chicago suburbs and my uncle used to live in Evanston so I can absolutely assure you that you’re going to love it!!! Feel free to reach out if you want any recommendations on places to eat/stuff to do and hopefully we’ll all see each other at NCA or elsewhere :)

Yeah!!!!! Thank you very much!!!! I am sure we are gonna see each other on conferences!!

On 3/15/2022 at 1:35 PM, flyingkai said:

Seems doubtful I'll be getting off that waitlist, because who would turn down either?

Did you apply to the PhD program at USC? What's your research area? I heard that USC waitlist admit has to do with having a similiar research interest of the person that rejected the offer

On 3/15/2022 at 1:35 PM, flyingkai said:

Hey how did the waitlist go?!

On 3/23/2022 at 12:33 PM, HatFinisher said:

Received rejection from CU-Boulder today, it’s looking like it will be getting off the waitlist at Rutgers or bust for me this year, which if it works out will be great since that was my dream program…

*crosses fingers full of existential dread* 

I was in their waitlist, but have not heard a word yet! 

11 hours ago, THenri said:

I was in their waitlist, but have not heard a word yet! 

Apparently their deadline for offer acceptance is 4/15, so they said waitlist movement often doesn’t occur until the week of and even a few days after that deadline. (Which would be more irritating if I had other offers to consider but since I don’t, I could care less when they call me so long as they do eventually ??)

4 hours ago, HatFinisher said:

Apparently their deadline for offer acceptance is 4/15, so they said waitlist movement often doesn’t occur until the week of and even a few days after that deadline. (Which would be more irritating if I had other offers to consider but since I don’t, I could care less when they call me so long as they do eventually ??)

U got this!!! 

On 3/25/2022 at 2:24 AM, Mariposaa said:

Did anyone here apply to Boston University's Emerging Media Studies program? 

Yes, I did, for the MA program. You, too?