Submitting GPA as an international student

billtree

Hi everyone!

First post in here :) I am applying for PhDs this cycle and I was wondering how internationals approach the GPA section of the applications. I did my bachelor + master in the UK, so our system works a tad bit different from the American. Should I leave the GPA section empty (or a NA) or use a conversion calculator like the free WES iGPA? My grades are very strong, so I would not want them getting lost in translation, but also I cannot afford those paid certified conversions.

Thanks and best of luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, billtree said:

Hi everyone!

First post in here :) I am applying for PhDs this cycle and I was wondering how internationals approach the GPA section of the applications. I did my bachelor + master in the UK, so our system works a tad bit different from the American. Should I leave the GPA section empty (or a NA) or use a conversion calculator like the free WES iGPA? My grades are very strong, so I would not want them getting lost in translation, but also I cannot afford those paid certified conversions.

Thanks and best of luck to everyone!

Hi!

Most universities require unofficial transcripts at the time of application. As long as the transcript is in English with courses and grades, grade scale, it should be fine, unless the university specifically asks you to upload a WES evaluated one.

I submitted my applications recently and they said it is fine now to submit unofficial transcript for review by committee. When you get an admit offer, you might have to submit a WES-evaluated transcript.