UCSD

Kaya

Who's gotten in? Who's going to the open house? Anyone very interesting in the program, but not gotten admission?

UCSD is a strong candidate for me, but I won't be able to attend the open house and have never been to La Jolla. It'd be nice to have some discussion and hear some experiences.

I just remembered about your thread. What did you want to know? What subfield is your concentration? My answers about UCSD will probably be far better suited if I knew what you were interested in knowing.

And fyi, I probably will be there in the fall....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those who have formally accepted at UCSD: have you heard anything from the department yet? I accepted over the website, but am not sure if I should have let the DGS or someone else know about my decision. I'm not sure what should be happening at this point in terms of communication, so if anyone can let me know if would be greatly appreciated.

For those who have formally accepted at UCSD: have you heard anything from the department yet? I accepted over the website, but am not sure if I should have let the DGS or someone else know about my decision. I'm not sure what should be happening at this point in terms of communication, so if anyone can let me know if would be greatly appreciated.

Not that I'm going to UCSD or anything, but I'd e-mail the DGS or whomever you've been corresponding with.