Summer@EPFL 2022

merciyes

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 6:30 AM, Jamesbond007 said:

So does no reply until now mean a rejection? Anyone got an email for acceptance?

I am in a WhatsApp group with other 130 applicants, no one received a reply there as well. We can keep our hopes high ?

21 hours ago, DoggeeDog said:

Just got an interview request this morning. Canadian applicant.

I have been contacted as well this afternoon. I guess, now the Christmas break is getting over, interview requests are coming. 

On 1/5/2022 at 9:11 PM, merciyes said:

I have been contacted as well this afternoon. I guess, now the Christmas break is getting over, interview requests are coming. 

Congratulations! Could anyone please clarify, if I haven't received any mail yet, should I assume the worse? Or are there labs/profs yet to send out the emails?

On 1/7/2022 at 2:37 PM, Jamesbond007 said:

Congratulations! Could anyone please clarify, if I haven't received any mail yet, should I assume the worse? Or are there labs/profs yet to send out the emails?

I have received an offer today. I guess every professor handles things separately. However, the professor asked me to respond and send some documents by tomorrow as it is their deadline. So, I think, there is a slim chance that you get contacted ?. I hope I am wrong or you will find your luck somewhere else. I am sure everyone who applies present a great profile.

On 1/9/2022 at 5:41 AM, merciyes said:

I have received an offer today. I guess every professor handles things separately. However, the professor asked me to respond and send some documents by tomorrow as it is their deadline. So, I think, there is a slim chance that you get contacted ?. I hope I am wrong or you will find your luck somewhere else. I am sure everyone who applies present a great profile.

Yeah it seems the same. However does anyone know others who have been contacted. From what I heard, the people who were contacted belonged to two or three of the labs. Not sure about how true this is, but have any other labs contacted people. Anyways, congratulations! And thank you for your wishes!

4 hours ago, Jamesbond007 said:

Yeah it seems the same. However does anyone know others who have been contacted. From what I heard, the people who were contacted belonged to two or three of the labs. Not sure about how true this is, but have any other labs contacted people. Anyways, congratulations! And thank you for your wishes!

Which labs did you hear that contacted people?

On 1/9/2022 at 12:11 AM, merciyes said:

may I ask if you're an undergrad student or postgrad

2 hours ago, grouptheoryiscool said:

may I ask if you're an undergrad student or postgrad

I am an undergrad, senior with one extra year for double major. VITA is Visual Intelligence for Transportation Lab. https://www.epfl.ch/schools/ic/research/artificial-intelligence-machine-learning/. It is affiliated with this domain.

12 hours ago, Jamesbond007 said:

Mailing professors my profile with a cover letter worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello everyone, I am a prospective applicant for the Summer@EPFL program, for 2023, and it would be really nice if someone who got selected can share their Letter of Motivation with sensitive information blurred out, via a private message. Want to get an idea how to structure the document.

Also, is it a good idea to mention name of labs/profs. under whom we want to work in the letter? We are already supposed to fill it out during the application in the portal.