Fall 2023 Statistics/Biostatistics PhD Profile Evalution

Undergrad Institution: 1. Community College, 2. State School, Top 40(maybe)
Major(s):  Math, also completed two certificates in stats
GPA: 3.81 at the university, 3.84 at the CC
Type of Student: Domestic Asian Male (just got my citizenship this summer)

GRE General Test: Not Yet

Programs Applying: Statistics & Biostatistics

Research Experience: Independent research in survival analysis and wrote a short paper about it under supervision of my stats professor. No publication and not going to

Awards/Honors/Recognitions: Not really, just some GPA honors. 

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: grader for Linear Alg 2 for two semesters

Letters of Recommendation: A associate professor from my Predictive Analytics class, knows me and I did well in his class. My linear algebra 2 professor whom I worked for one semester as the grader, and I did very well in his class. I think he is well known in his field (He does not know me enough, but he promised me to write me a good letter like this kid performs VERY good in my class and he is VERY conscientious and easy to work with). A math professor taught me math modeling, I did well in his class. I always visited his office hours and we talked a lot (topics range from coursework to research), so I guess he knows me.

Math/Statistics Grades:  courses from CC: A in Cal123, ODEs.
                                           courses from the university: A- in Vec Cal, discrete math, real analysis 1 (baby rudin), intro to math stats
                                                                                           A in linear algebra 1, linear algebra 2, numerical analysis 1, intro to stochastic processes, GLMs, predictive analytics, math modelling, modern geometry, probability, PDEs, number theory
                                            some other stuffs: A in intro to sci computing, data visualization, statistical method, A- in python 1, B+ in numerical analysis 2, C+ in Applied statistics.

Any Miscellaneous Points that Might Help:  No grad classes taken. I took all my core courses at CC. Already graduated and planned to work for a while. I will also ask the letter from the professor who supervised me the research. And the C+ was resulted during the 5-week summer online session in the middle of covid while I also taking two heavy writing courses at the same time. Actually, this course was my first course in stats, and I did well in later stats courses.

Applying:
PhD program in stats: UT Austin, TAMU, NCSU. 
PhD program in biostats: UT Health, UMN.
MS in stats: Umich Bridge MS program
MS in biostats: Umich sph

Does anyone know if I have any chances to get into any of the school above? If not, could you please give me some options so I can choose from. Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...