PhD/DrPH 2022 Canada

RMSK

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RMSK said:

I’ve heard that if you had an advisor identified you’re pretty much in, but they don’t send decisions until march

I hope your correct lol , I went back through the years and I seen some acceptances as early as February. Did  you contact potential advisors ? I know Uoft generally identifies advisors  after acceptance.

8 minutes ago, 2022Prayerand Resilience said:

I hope your correct lol , I went back through the years and I seen some acceptances as early as February. Did  you contact potential advisors ? I know Uoft generally identifies advisors  after acceptance.

Yeah I did, I find even when programs say you don’t have to it’s better if you’ve already identified and chatted with the prof you want to work with 

6 minutes ago, RMSK said:

Yeah I did, I find even when programs say you don’t have to it’s better if you’ve already identified and chatted with the prof you want to work with 

That's great, I agree. I feel like there are a lot of unsaid rules to applying for a PhD and being successful. I also read a lot of Quora posts in-between reading multiple results for american  public health schools and refreshing my application page. I went to UofT for my undergrad and did some research, I hope you get in.

9 minutes ago, 2022Prayerand Resilience said:

That's great, I agree. I feel like there are a lot of unsaid rules to applying for a PhD and being successful. I also read a lot of Quora posts in-between reading multiple results for american  public health schools and refreshing my application page. I went to UofT for my undergrad and did some research, I hope you get in.

There’s definitely a lot unspoken rules. Thank you! I hope you get in too!The program at Waterloo seems great. 

• 2 weeks later...