Further deferral.......

chai time

Hi all,

Not sure where to put this. I got into my dream program last year but deferred to spend a year as a Fulbrighter. My Fulbright grant will come to a close in the summer but I have the opportunity to extend, and I think I'm going to. I just don't feel like my work here is done, and I know that my institution wants me to stay as badly as I do. Plus, my income is good, my cost of living is low, and the country I'm in is exceedingly safe. I don't really want to go back to the US at the moment!

To be clear, staying here gives me more experience in my field, and is allowing me to work on the ground level of program development at my institution. I think it's to my advantage in nearly every way that I stay.

How should I go about requesting a second deferral from my institution? They have stated that they only accept single year deferrals but it's worth it to ask, I'm just trying to figure out how best to do it.

If they won't, do you think that the admissions committee would view me reneging negatively when I reapply?