Uoft PhD Epidemiology 2022

RMSK

3 minutes ago, Photo Light said:

I applied to epi as well - haven't heard anything yet

Well that makes me feel a bit better! Hopefully that’s a good sign for both of us, I was looking at the thread from 2019 and some decisions were sent the week of Feb 11th. On their website it states the do an interview “if necessary” but doesn’t state what would qualify as necessary. So I guess the waiting game continues. 

1 minute ago, RMSK said:

Well that makes me feel a bit better! Hopefully that’s a good sign for both of us, I was looking at the thread from 2019 and some decisions were sent the week of Feb 11th. On their website it states the do an interview “if necessary” but doesn’t state what would qualify as necessary. So I guess the waiting game continues. 

Yes, hopefully! I remember seeing like one acceptance on the results page already for this cycle. Yeah, I'm not too sure under what circumstances interviews are done, but hopefully we both hear good news soon. Good luck to you!

3 minutes ago, Photo Light said:

Yes, hopefully! I remember seeing like one acceptance on the results page already for this cycle. Yeah, I'm not too sure under what circumstances interviews are done, but hopefully we both hear good news soon. Good luck to you!

An acceptance to uoft? Could you link it here please? Good luck to you too!

• 3 weeks later...

Guyz, if it helps, I had also applied. I had interview around same day as the "unknown" accepted applicant (mid jan). However, after the interview, it has been complete silence. Nothing. And, after seeing the result of Jan 25, my guess they might have limited to just selecting only one international applicant this year. 

Anyway best of luck to all of us. 

On 1/29/2022 at 1:29 AM, RMSK said:

Has anyone applied to DLSPH this year and heard anything from them? 

Hi, I understand you have applied for the PhD program. sorry to intrude into your thread. Any idea on the MPH Epi results? Thank you and good luck to you

1 hour ago, Kb11 said:

Hi, I understand you have applied for the PhD program. sorry to intrude into your thread. Any idea on the MPH Epi results? Thank you and good luck to you

Regarding your above queries, sorry, No idea from my end. 

Regarding your queries on "My application status page still shows submitted and not changed to 'under review'. Is it a technical glitch or is there a problem with my application? Kindly provide inputs on this."; from my experience, for most of the univ system, the status remains same until and unless you receive the final result i.e. acceptance, waitlist or rejection. So no need to worry. I already had interview with UOT for PhD but status is still under review or submitted. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Kb11 said:

Hi there masters results typically come out in mid March-June

4 hours ago, Naturie said:

Guyz, if it helps, I had also applied. I had interview around same day as the "unknown" accepted applicant (mid jan). However, after the interview, it has been complete silence. Nothing. And, after seeing the result of Jan 25, my guess they might have limited to just selecting only one international applicant this year. 

Anyway best of luck to all of us. 

Hey! Had you spoken with a potential advisor before applying? 

10 minutes ago, RMSK said:

Hey! Had you spoken with a potential advisor before applying? 

Nope. 

Just one note, as you guyz are planning to email them, my suggestion is to send to multiple persons. I had trouble receiving reply on few minor things. They hardly replied. Later on after email to 3-4 persons, one staff replied. 

39 minutes ago, Naturie said:

Nope. 

Just one note, as you guyz are planning to email them, my suggestion is to send to multiple persons. I had trouble receiving reply on few minor things. They hardly replied. Later on after email to 3-4 persons, one staff replied. 

Who did you email? 

• 1 month later...

Did you ever hear from them? Silence on gradcafe. I saw a rejection a couple weeks ago. The OG Jan acceptance is all I have seen and I even wonder if they meant interview since that was the week of the epi interviews. I have also checked Twitter and LinkedIn and nothing…there a few from the SBS Department, but none from Epi.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 7:44 AM, Naturie said:

Nope. 

Hey!! Wanted to share I got into UofT! Let me know if you are going too!