MPP decision(environmental policy)

browna6

Hey Folks,

As the title states, i have applied and been accepted to a handful of schools to study environmental policy. The schools range in terms of cost and 'academic/notoriety'.

I have not gotten my full financial packages back from the programs, so looking more at the programs themselves outside of cost right now and then hopefully once I whittle my list down cost can be a large separator. 

Any insight anyone can provide would be awesome. School below.

American University/Arizona State University/University of Colorado, Denver/CUNY/University of Pittsburgh

8 hours ago, browna6 said:

Hey Folks,

As the title states, i have applied and been accepted to a handful of schools to study environmental policy. The schools range in terms of cost and 'academic/notoriety'.

I have not gotten my full financial packages back from the programs, so looking more at the programs themselves outside of cost right now and then hopefully once I whittle my list down cost can be a large separator. 

Any insight anyone can provide would be awesome. School below.

American University/Arizona State University/University of Colorado, Denver/CUNY/University of Pittsburgh

You might want to see where people end up in terms of jobs from each school. Environmental policy tends to be DC vs. very regional. So if you are cool with being in Colorado go there. Not trying sound snooty or mean, but these are the 3rd tier of environmental policy schools (unless you are taking a forest element for some of them), so its not like brand wise one is much better than the other and give you much career lift. I would go with where you want to live long term. 

Edited by GradSchoolGrad