UW Seattle MFA Applicants?

whitewhales

• 1 month later...

Just got informed that I’m on a short waitlist for 3d4m but I had applied to Painting and Drawing. ?? Funny how things work out - I really admire the 3d4m program. Really happy news, has anyone gotten updates and has anyone decided to attend? 

• 10 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 5:04 AM, whitewhales said:

Just got informed that I’m on a short waitlist for 3d4m but I had applied to Painting and Drawing. ?? Funny how things work out - I really admire the 3d4m program. Really happy news, has anyone gotten updates and has anyone decided to attend? 

Did you end up going? Can you tell me about your experience?

7 hours ago, bunnie99 said:

Did you end up going? Can you tell me about your experience?

Hi. I actually got a really fair admission offer but as an international student decided it was risky to go to a school I didn’t visit first. So I visited them in late August and September and the 3d4m Chairman met with me, gave me a tour of the facilities, studios, and UW nature reserve. He also fed me plums from the garden at the 3d4m studios. It was beyond wholesome, welcoming, exactly what I wanted out of a program (He is a kind person though) and it seemed like their program was going to have an interesting few years because of the invited lecturer roster. Also the cohort work seemed really chill. I also met with the students from the painting department who graduate this spring, and they are the best. They invited me to a bonfire before I left. One of them even drove me to the airport the next morning. 

In the end I decided not to go because I didn’t have enough money saved to live in Seattle, and put my grad studies on hold for now. But I think if I were to go somewhere, UW meets a lot of my needs. I was so touched by how relaxed and welcoming they were. Did you get accepted? Do you have contact with their cohort? You could probably find their instagrams on their grad student pages online. 

7 minutes ago, whitewhales said:

Hi. I actually got a really fair admission offer but as an international student decided it was risky to go to a school I didn’t visit first. So I visited them in late August and September and the 3d4m Chairman met with me, gave me a tour of the facilities, studios, and UW nature reserve. He also fed me plums from the garden at the 3d4m studios. It was beyond wholesome, welcoming, exactly what I wanted out of a program (He is a kind person though) and it seemed like their program was going to have an interesting few years because of the invited lecturer roster. Also the cohort work seemed really chill. I also met with the students from the painting department who graduate this spring, and they are the best. They invited me to a bonfire before I left. One of them even drove me to the airport the next morning. 

In the end I decided not to go because I didn’t have enough money saved to live in Seattle, and put my grad studies on hold for now. But I think if I were to go somewhere, UW meets a lot of my needs. I was so touched by how relaxed and welcoming they were. Did you get accepted? Do you have contact with their cohort? You could probably find their instagrams on their grad student pages online. 

No, it's been radio silence so I'm assuming that's going to end with a rejection because I've been hearing back and interviewing other places.  But it's my top choice program so that's a bummer. It sounds amazing based on what you described!

2 minutes ago, bunnie99 said:

No, it's been radio silence so I'm assuming that's going to end with a rejection because I've been hearing back and interviewing other places.  But it's my top choice program so that's a bummer. It sounds amazing based on what you described!

Don’t assume anything. Get in contact with the current cohort on Instagram at least get a feel for their current work and gauge how your work is in dialogue with theirs. If it is your top choice, email them asking to follow up. Don’t be shy. Tell them they are your top choice, and tell them why. Even if you wrote about it in your essay. You can DM me here and we can exchange IG’s for more dialogue and how they were going to fund me. 

• 1 year later...

i don’t know if anyone here is active but i applied for washington for 2024 and interviewed with them 2/19 and i haven’t heard from them since. i emailed them over a week ago and they haven’t emailed me back. any advice?