Policy School: Why do policy school lean majority female? Impacts?

My graduate policy school was 70% female. Those that my relatives went to (even when one's program had a strong reputation for security studies) also leaned female. Most graduate policy programs in the US that I am aware of also high majority female. I never really thought twice about it until I had to network for a new job, and then I realized everyone in my policy school network was a woman and not a single man. Any thoughts why? Any thoughts on what impacts this might have? 

Interesting. I'm not sure about the US, but I don't think it's the same everywhere. I can certainly speak to Europe and say it doesn't hold true here. Women make up slightly more than half of the student body in most universities, but I don't see public policy as being particularly women-dominated at all. Social policy and, to a lesser extent, health policy, sure. But not generic public policy studies.