CSUN MSW 2022 Cohort Interview!!

MSWYesss

On 3/11/2022 at 7:51 AM, AlvaD said:

Thank you @Wiggingout for the tips for the CSU Fullerton interview. Mine is on Monday, @Dogmama how did your interview go yesterday? I'm just trying to really mentally prepare myself, I'm worried CSUFull. is my only option since I've only heard back from them. Also congratulation to both of you for being invited to interview at CSU Fullerton and CSUN, did either school say when you will receive a final decision?

Hi! Thank you! Good luck to you as well! They said they were hoping to notify us within a few weeks, so I'm hoping sooner rather than later. The interview for CSUF felt much more relaxed for me, CSUN's interview really stressed me out haha. The questions CSUF asked were much more general interview questions, not so much about social work itself.

On 3/9/2022 at 6:52 PM, batatinha said:

Hi!

Of course the day I wasn't able to check my email was when I received an interview request...

They sent another today (1 day later) and I have scheduled an interview for this weekend, but do you think the delayed response will hurt my chances? CSUN is my top choice, so I don't want to mess this up!

Re: other schools, I haven't heard back yet from CSULB, CSULA, or UCLA, and I think all of them will respond a bit later than CSUN based on when I received a complete confirmation that they had compiled my application.

Hey did you hear from CSULA yet? I'm surprised I haven't even gotten a rejection email yet lol

Just now, Wiggingout said:

Congrats!! are you still waiting to hear back from CSUF? 

Yes I am ? at my interview with Fullerton they said not to hesitate to reach out if we got an acceptance elsewhere and needed more info to help make a decision. I’m debating if I should email them and let them know that northridge wants my decision by next Friday? I don’t want to sound pushy either…

On 3/11/2022 at 7:51 AM, AlvaD said:

Thank you @Wiggingout for the tips for the CSU Fullerton interview. Mine is on Monday, @Dogmama how did your interview go yesterday? I'm just trying to really mentally prepare myself, I'm worried CSUFull. is my only option since I've only heard back from them. Also congratulation to both of you for being invited to interview at CSU Fullerton and CSUN, did either school say when you will receive a final decision?

I have not heard back yet regarding a final decision. However, I did get 2 emails from the interviewers saying they hope to see me Fall 2022. I'm not taking that as a sign or anything because anything can happen. 

Just now, Dogmama said:

Yes I am ? at my interview with Fullerton they said not to hesitate to reach out if we got an acceptance elsewhere and needed more info to help make a decision. I’m debating if I should email them and let them know that northridge wants my decision by next Friday? I don’t want to sound pushy either…

maybe give it until Tuesday to hear back from CSUF? and then reach out? it's not pushy but this is a huge investment and moneywise you want to make the right decision for your career!

2 minutes ago, Wiggingout said:

maybe give it until Tuesday to hear back from CSUF? and then reach out? it's not pushy but this is a huge investment and moneywise you want to make the right decision for your career!

Yesssss exactly. I’ll probably wait to email them.. gosh if I get into both programs it’s gonna be a tough decision 

On 3/18/2022 at 11:39 AM, Dogmama said:

Got an acceptance email this morning from CSUN!!!

Congratulations!!! Wishing you the best for your future. If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview? Just trying to estimate the time line.

2 minutes ago, MSWNAT said:

Congratulations!!! Wishing you the best for your future. If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview? Just trying to estimate the time line.

I interviewed with CSUN on March 8th and CSUF on March 10th ?