CSUN MSW 2022 Cohort Interview!!

MSWYesss

Hey! Thanks for making this! I’ve been looking for anything on csun fall 2022 msw applicants and there’s nothing :( I applied to CSUN on 01/02/2022, still haven’t heard anything back from them. I remember reading on the website that the latest we’ll hear back is sometime in May. I also applied to CSULB (12/31/2021) and CSU Fullerton (01/12/2022). I haven’t heard back from CSULB either. However, despite having applied to Fullerton nearly two weeks later, on 02/25 I was invited to interview (03/14/2022). This is making me very nervous that I haven’t heard from CSUN yet! 

Hi everyone! Happy I found this forum. I got the invitation to interview on Monday March 1st but you have to RSVP by today at 3pm so make sure to check your emails!!! Also want to specify that I received the invitation in my csun email address. 

Edited by Dogmama

Hi all!

I also applied to CSUN's MSW program (application submitted in the beginning of January), and I just heard back for an interview at the beginning of this week. If anyone has had their interview and has any tips to share I would love to know what to expect. :) Good luck to everyone!

9 hours ago, BusyBee1 said:

Hi all!

I also applied to CSUN's MSW program (application submitted in the beginning of January), and I just heard back for an interview at the beginning of this week. If anyone has had their interview and has any tips to share I would love to know what to expect. :) Good luck to everyone!

Hi! Congrats on your interview! I interviewed with CSUN today and it went okay! Be prepared to answer a question that will require you to be introspective. A lot of the questions had to do with combatting racism since CSUN is huge about that. The group exercise also wasn't that hard. It was basically just brainstorming with the group about a prompt so that they could see we're capable of teamwork. And the writing prompt was also very straightforward. Wishing you the best of luck!

49 minutes ago, Dogmama said:

Hi! Congrats on your interview! I interviewed with CSUN today and it went okay! Be prepared to answer a question that will require you to be introspective. A lot of the questions had to do with combatting racism since CSUN is huge about that. The group exercise also wasn't that hard. It was basically just brainstorming with the group about a prompt so that they could see we're capable of teamwork. And the writing prompt was also very straightforward. Wishing you the best of luck!

Thank you so much for your response! Do you have an example question you can provide? I wish you luck and hope you get into your program of choice!

25 minutes ago, BusyBee1 said:

Thank you so much for your response! Do you have an example question you can provide? I wish you luck and hope you get into your program of choice!

I don't really remember any specific questions unfortunately, I hardly even remember the one that was asked of me. But the main themes were surrounding diversity, equity, inclusion, and combating racism and anti-blackness. They were the kind of questions where you had to reflect on how you've contributed to this issue or how you plan to contribute in the future. 

7 minutes ago, Dogmama said:

I don't really remember any specific questions unfortunately, I hardly even remember the one that was asked of me. But the main themes were surrounding diversity, equity, inclusion, and combating racism and anti-blackness. They were the kind of questions where you had to reflect on how you've contributed to this issue or how you plan to contribute in the future. 

Thank you so much! Your response was super helpful!

Hi everyone, I applied for 2-year on campus MSW program for CSUN and CSUF. I submitted my applications on Jan.14 (I think). CSUN sent me an email for an interview on 2/28, I had my interview on 3/8. CSUF sent me an email on 2/24 and my interview is today 3/9. Both interviews are with other candidates and 2 professors from the admissions committee. 

Hi!

Of course the day I wasn't able to check my email was when I received an interview request...

They sent another today (1 day later) and I have scheduled an interview for this weekend, but do you think the delayed response will hurt my chances? CSUN is my top choice, so I don't want to mess this up!

Re: other schools, I haven't heard back yet from CSULB, CSULA, or UCLA, and I think all of them will respond a bit later than CSUN based on when I received a complete confirmation that they had compiled my application.

10 hours ago, Wiggingout said:

Hi everyone, I applied for 2-year on campus MSW program for CSUN and CSUF. I submitted my applications on Jan.14 (I think). CSUN sent me an email for an interview on 2/28, I had my interview on 3/8. CSUF sent me an email on 2/24 and my interview is today 3/9. Both interviews are with other candidates and 2 professors from the admissions committee. 

Hi!! I would love to hear how your interview with CSUF went? I interview with them tomorrow morning at 10am and I'm not sure what to expect..

3 hours ago, batatinha said:

Hi!

Of course the day I wasn't able to check my email was when I received an interview request...

They sent another today (1 day later) and I have scheduled an interview for this weekend, but do you think the delayed response will hurt my chances? CSUN is my top choice, so I don't want to mess this up!

Re: other schools, I haven't heard back yet from CSULB, CSULA, or UCLA, and I think all of them will respond a bit later than CSUN based on when I received a complete confirmation that they had compiled my application.

I wouldn't worry too much. I think it's a good sign that they followed up with you and still allowed to you schedule an interview. You should be fine!!

9 minutes ago, Dogmama said:

Hi!! I would love to hear how your interview with CSUF went? I interview with them tomorrow morning at 10am and I'm not sure what to expect..

Hey! I think it went well. At least I think it did. Fingers crossed. There were 4 candidates in total and 2 interviewers. They asked about 5 questions and everyone gets a turn to answer. It was super quick maybe like 30-40mins and then they allowed time for us to ask questions.

25 minutes ago, Wiggingout said:

Hey! I think it went well. At least I think it did. Fingers crossed. There were 4 candidates in total and 2 interviewers. They asked about 5 questions and everyone gets a turn to answer. It was super quick maybe like 30-40mins and then they allowed time for us to ask questions.

Awesome! That's good to know. What kinds of questions were they asking? With CSUN I felt like they were very centered around equity and racism and I wasn't really prepared for it ?

18 minutes ago, Dogmama said:

Awesome! That's good to know. What kinds of questions were they asking? With CSUN I felt like they were very centered around equity and racism and I wasn't really prepared for it ?

They really focused on interview type questions like why MSW, how do you handle stress, tell me about a conflict you had working in a team setting, etc. And Same! CSUN was more intimidating lol , I almost barfed when they asked me my question lol good luck tomorrow!

Edited by Wiggingout

Just now, Wiggingout said:

They really focused on interview type questions like why MSW, how do you handle stress, tell me about a conflict you had working in a team setting, etc. And Same! CSUN was more intimidating lol I interviewed yesterday at 10:30am, I almost barfed when they asked me my question lol good luck tomorrow!

Omg I was in the same group as you!! I'm not as nervous about tomorrow now that I know we don't have more group exercises and writing prompts lol. And thank you for giving some examples I really appreciate it!!

Hi guys I’m glad I found this! So I was suppose to interview today but I got an email that I did not confirm and I got rescheduled to Saturday. Do you guys think this will hurt my chances since I made an error? I anxiously have to wait again 

1 hour ago, Catmomma said:

Hi guys I’m glad I found this! So I was suppose to interview today but I got an email that I did not confirm and I got rescheduled to Saturday. Do you guys think this will hurt my chances since I made an error? I anxiously have to wait again 

Which school was this for?

1 hour ago, Catmomma said:

Oops sorry didn't realize this was the CSUN thread. I think you're fine if they're still allowing you to interview on Saturday? It is pretty confusing that we're required to check a separate email to get any information from them.

2 hours ago, Catmomma said:

Hey! You scheduled your interview but didn't confirm? So weird I scheduled mine but didn't confirm and they still sent me the link. I think it's a good sign that despite this they are still wanting to interview you. You got this!

52 minutes ago, Wiggingout said:

Hey! You scheduled your interview but didn't confirm? So weird I scheduled mine but didn't confirm and they still sent me the link. I think it's a good sign that despite this they are still wanting to interview you. You got this!

Yes I got the conformation but this morning I was told I needed to reschedule :( I’m stressed this will effect me and it’s hard anxiously waiting again. 

On 3/9/2022 at 11:02 PM, Dogmama said:

Omg I was in the same group as you!! I'm not as nervous about tomorrow now that I know we don't have more group exercises and writing prompts lol. And thank you for giving some examples I really appreciate it!!

Thank you @Wiggingout for the tips for the CSU Fullerton interview. Mine is on Monday, @Dogmama how did your interview go yesterday? I'm just trying to really mentally prepare myself, I'm worried CSUFull. is my only option since I've only heard back from them. Also congratulation to both of you for being invited to interview at CSU Fullerton and CSUN, did either school say when you will receive a final decision?