Princeton SPIA MPA/MPP Fall 2022

onvrra

23 minutes ago, onvrra said:

Last year it came through email - and it seems that pretty typical of previous years as well. I know the feeling of refreshing! The time is getting closer. 

Exactly! @ the time is getting closer, however, it still feels far. Any typical time  of day that they send their decisions. Perhaps I’d let go of my mail till friday??‍♀️

1 hour ago, onvrra said:

Last year it came through email - and it seems that pretty typical of previous years as well. I know the feeling of refreshing! The time is getting closer. 

Do you remember the date last year? Was it the second Friday of March (the 12th), as it will likely be this year (the 11th)? Or was it over the weekend?

Thanks, and good luck!

5 hours ago, natsecguy said:

Do you remember the date last year? Was it the second Friday of March (the 12th), as it will likely be this year (the 11th)? Or was it over the weekend?

Thanks, and good luck!

Just looked back at the 2021 grad cafe forum. Last year they sent acceptances the afternoon of the Thursday (3/11) and rejections/waitlist the following day (Friday, 3/12)

Edited by onvrra

5 hours ago, onvrra said:

Just looked back at the 2021 grad cafe forum. Last year they sent acceptances the afternoon of the Thursday (3/11) and rejections/waitlist the following day (Friday, 3/12)

I tried to check and I couldn’t find much but it didn’t follow a particular order though. People were waitlisted or rejected on the 13th as well as acceptances. Perhaps I didn’t check properly though but let’s be hopeful?. Good luck to us all and I hope we can at least get a good night rest. It’s hard over here?

1 hour ago, onvrra said:

For those monitoring this thread, just an FYI that I did hear back a few hours ago (for the MPA).  It’s a yes! Good luck to all & hope to meet some of you in the fall!

Oh wow congratulations!!!! It’s great news. @natsecguyany news yet?

4 hours ago, onvrra said:

For those monitoring this thread, just an FYI that I did hear back a few hours ago (for the MPA).  It’s a yes! Good luck to all & hope to meet some of you in the fall!

People are yet to make any update on the results platform. It doesn’t show any result for the MPA or MPP. 

14 minutes ago, lionking said:

Congrats to those who got in!

Am feeling a bit dejected seeing as it's radio silence on my end :(

Congrats to everyone that got in. @lionkingsending you hugs from here cos we are both in same situation. I haven’t slept for the last 24hours hoping that some mail would come in but No! But anyways we pick ourselves and move on ‘again’.

9 hours ago, onvrra said:

So glad you got in!!!

Since you went through the agony of anxiety last year too, do you recall any evidence of SPIA sending out acceptances (specifically, not overall decisions) in a staggered manner? Or did all acceptances go out together, with later emails (the next day or whatever) for waitlisted/rejected candidates? 

If all accepted emails always go out together, then the rest of us have been dinged! If there is any chance that acceptance emails are still trickling in (can't imagine why this would be, given that somebody else hear heard last night), then we're still in the game (unlikely)!

Anyway, congrats again!

I’m reminding myself not to check for subsequent application status here..lol.. I think it’s better to be ignorant than to know that this kind of game is going on, that is, send acceptances today and rejections/waitlist tomorrow. Again, I don’t seem to understand why Princeton should have a waitlist because I feel as though they’d never most likely turn to it. Who wants to spew out a full funding and some stipend and decline their offer; which alternative is better really?

i wish us all the best. I’d have to stop commenting here for my sanity; I’m trying to get myself together 

1 hour ago, natsecguy said:

So glad you got in!!!

Since you went through the agony of anxiety last year too, do you recall any evidence of SPIA sending out acceptances (specifically, not overall decisions) in a staggered manner? Or did all acceptances go out together, with later emails (the next day or whatever) for waitlisted/rejected candidates? 

If all accepted emails always go out together, then the rest of us have been dinged! If there is any chance that acceptance emails are still trickling in (can't imagine why this would be, given that somebody else hear heard last night), then we're still in the game (unlikely)!

Anyway, congrats again!

Thank you! I can’t really speak to whether they staggered acceptances or not, but I do remember hearing back a day or two after some notifications had gone out. The email from SPIA last night said official notification from the university/grad school would come in the coming days. Keeping my fingers crossed that there’s still good news to come for you! Sorry I can’t offer clearer answers. The wait is agonizing. 

2 hours ago, natsecguy said:

Oh wow, that's amazing.

I guess the rest of us didn't get in...?

As @onvrra said in his message, I unfortunately have no idea whether they’re staggering or batch sending notification.

I’m hoping you get an answer soon either way. Fingers crossed for you!

1 minute ago, ekt2 said:

As @onvrra said in his message, I unfortunately have no idea whether they’re staggering or batch sending notification.

I’m hoping you get an answer soon either way. Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you so much!

Now that you're in (congrats again), do you mind sharing a little more about yourself? 

I don't even know if they have a waitlist for the MPP, especially since it seems to be the only top-tier mid-career fully funded policy program around. 

49 minutes ago, onvrra said:

Thank you! I can’t really speak to whether they staggered acceptances or not, but I do remember hearing back a day or two after some notifications had gone out. The email from SPIA last night said official notification from the university/grad school would come in the coming days. Keeping my fingers crossed that there’s still good news to come for you! Sorry I can’t offer clearer answers. The wait is agonizing. 

I wish this was the case but I think the norm is that the department recommends and then communicate to you whilst they await the formal notifications from the grad school itself. So I doubt that there’s new information really; it’s either waitlist or rejections. If this changes though, please feel free to share here for the next group. It hurts now but we’d all do great. All the best on all our endeavours

1 hour ago, Enkay said:

I wish this was the case but I think the norm is that the department recommends and then communicate to you whilst they await the formal notifications from the grad school itself. So I doubt that there’s new information really; it’s either waitlist or rejections. If this changes though, please feel free to share here for the next group. It hurts now but we’d all do great. All the best on all our endeavours

Not that one should expect to get into such a competitive program, but I really thought I had a very strong application. 

I also got into HKS (MPA) and Jackson (MPP, with $$$) last year, when I didn't have my current Harvard degree (a separate, research degree that I wanted to do before diving into public policy studies) under my belt. 

Either way, it does seem like some people had better luck in round 2, so next year it is!

I just checked my portal and it has been updated with a rejection. Not even waitlisted. Good times!!!

35 minutes ago, natsecguy said:

Not that one should expect to get into such a competitive program, but I really thought I had a very strong application. 

I also got into HKS (MPA) and Jackson (MPP, with $$$) last year, when I didn't have my current Harvard degree (a separate, research degree that I wanted to do before diving into public policy studies) under my belt. 

Either way, it does seem like some people had better luck in round 2, so next year it is!

I just checked my portal and it has been updated with a rejection. Not even waitlisted. Good times!!!

Ok so now we know and I think this goes for all applications basically. Once the department has sent out a general acceptance mail; it means that those who didn’t receive at that time shouldn't expect to receive it. Because the remaining ‘rejects’ will be forwarded to the Grad school itself to do the honours of announcing the rejections ?. In the same way, a final offer too will come from the grad school for the accepted students. It hurts but I guess this is life. We keep moving. All the best to you and I hope we get to meet sometime in the future; that our paths might cross in the professional space.