Carleton University Application Status

Curbyourenthusiasm

I am a little confused with Carleton's application status found here. So how the page is written, it appears that Review in Progress by Department is before Recommended for Assessment.  I have seen some people on this forum mention that their status has changed in that order. However, I have also seen many applicants at Carleton talking about how their status changed from Recommended for Assessment to Review in Progress by Department.  

Is there a consensus on what the actual order is for the application status?  I applied on February 28, and in one day my application status went from Preliminary Review Required to Recommended for Assessment.  So either it already was reviewed by the department, or the review by the department is the third step, and Carleton's status is not in order of steps. 

Edited by Curbyourenthusiasm

• 1 month later...

Mine went from “Recommended for Assessment” to “Review in progress by Department” to “Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs.” Now I am just waiting for their final decision. Hope this helps!  

Edited by cybernet156