US student loans for Edinburgh

Hello all!

So, I applied to the University of Edinburgh for postgrad school and got in to my program of choice. I got a scholarship as well, but it's no where near enough to cover fees and maintenance. As a result, I applied for Federal loans and, from about June everything was moving along smoothly. That is until the start of July, when they started originating loans and things (at least for me) have come to a standstill. Last time I got a definitive answer about when the loan letters for the visa would go out was about three weeks ago and I was told they'd be out in a week. I had my boyfriend call a week later and he was told they'd be out in two days. That didn't happen, so I called myself a few days after him and was told, by the same person, that she had no idea when they'd be out. O__O

I've already bought a plane ticket to leave on August 19th, but I still haven't gotten my loan letter for the visa. At the moment I'm going insane with fear that I'm going to have to move my flight ($300+ to change it) because I wouldn't have been able to send my visa application.

So, the point of this post is that I'd love to compare notes with anyone else going to Edinburgh (or any other UK school) with loans. Have you gotten your loan letter yet? Also, for people who did all of this last year, how long did it take for you to get your letter?

thanks,

-C

Are you having trouble getting a loan verification letter from FAFSA or Edinburgh?

Hello all!

So, I applied to the University of Edinburgh for postgrad school and got in to my program of choice. I got a scholarship as well, but it's no where near enough to cover fees and maintenance. As a result, I applied for Federal loans and, from about June everything was moving along smoothly. That is until the start of July, when they started originating loans and things (at least for me) have come to a standstill. Last time I got a definitive answer about when the loan letters for the visa would go out was about three weeks ago and I was told they'd be out in a week. I had my boyfriend call a week later and he was told they'd be out in two days. That didn't happen, so I called myself a few days after him and was told, by the same person, that she had no idea when they'd be out. O__O

I've already bought a plane ticket to leave on August 19th, but I still haven't gotten my loan letter for the visa. At the moment I'm going insane with fear that I'm going to have to move my flight ($300+ to change it) because I wouldn't have been able to send my visa application.

So, the point of this post is that I'd love to compare notes with anyone else going to Edinburgh (or any other UK school) with loans. Have you gotten your loan letter yet? Also, for people who did all of this last year, how long did it take for you to get your letter?

thanks,

-C

Are you having trouble getting a loan verification letter from FAFSA or Edinburgh?

From Edinburgh. I called them though and have been told I should be getting my letter next week.