Jump to content

Working in California after graduating out of state

Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me about their process of becoming an SLP in California school settings after graduating out of state?

I have always heard that it is tough to transfer licenses from out of state to California. From what I can tell there are some administrative hoops to go through, but not really like additional classes or exams to take, or licenses to obtain, or anything too bad?   (I'm referencing this page: https://govt.westlaw.com/calregs/Document/IA25B1CF0A35611E0B58A968807045B20?viewType=FullText&originationContext=documenttoc&transitionType=CategoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)&bhcp=1 )

I would just really appreciate it if someone could tell me about their experience as an SLP coming from another state to schools in CA. Did you have to do a ton of extra work? If I definitely want to work in California after graduating, would you recommend just graduating from a school in California?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.