Georgetown SFS/SSP

TTUjay

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how many of you are waiting to hear back from Georgetown SFS programs. Nevertheless, I received an email from them stating that funding decisions were being made this week. Hopefully this helps someone out there out...sure helped me feel slightly more confident about my funding future in the SSP there.

Yeah, it looks like funding decisions will be coming soon for SSP. They had an online chat for accepted students yesterday where they said they would let everyone know about merit scholarships late this week/early next week.

They had an online chat for accepted students yesterday where they said they would let everyone know about merit scholarships late this week/early next week.

Thanks...I did not have the opportunity to get online for that chat. Was it pretty informative?

It was okay. I can't go to the open house next week, so I'm glad that they offered that as an alternative.

It did help to clear up some things about internships/part-time jobs. A lot of the current students at the chat really emphasized the importance of internships while you're enrolled. (The evening classes really help with that.) I'm planning on continuing to study Arabic, so it'll be a lot of balance...but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Where are you leaning towards going at the moment? Hard to turn down the funding from LBJ, I'm sure!

Feel free to PM me if you want more info about the chat--they said they would post the transcript online. They're also going to post a podcast of the info session at next week's open house. BTW, have you received official notification from them yet? I'm still waiting for the real letter....