Yale App Online

balderdash

Hi balderdash,

You mean for Political Science right? Duke CS had their app open on Aug 2 and Rutgers CS had their app open for at least a couple months now - I'm not sure if one could have actually submitted the app then though. Those are a couple I know of, I'm sure there are more:)

I would highly recommend going through applications as they become available and as soon as possible. Just go through the tedious task of inputting all the personal information, classes, grades, etc. This way you'll have this all done before classes start for this coming semester/before midterms, finals, papers, homework, reading, socializing, binge drinking, etc.

This was a big help for me, because then I just made a little Excel with a check list for each application listing the requirements (e.g. SOP word count limits, is a personal statement necessary). Then after you're done with your SOP and Personal Statements, it's an upload and submit!

I would highly recommend going through applications as they become available and as soon as possible. Just go through the tedious task of inputting all the personal information, classes, grades, etc. This way you'll have this all done before classes start for this coming semester/before midterms, finals, papers, homework, reading, socializing, binge drinking, etc.

This was a big help for me, because then I just made a little Excel with a check list for each application listing the requirements (e.g. SOP word count limits, is a personal statement necessary). Then after you're done with your SOP and Personal Statements, it's an upload and submit!

Excellent advice. I'm planning on getting this part done as soon as I can and then upload my documents later on.

Balderdash... you a little excited to get started? :) I'm holding off on starting looking at applications until next month, but then again, I've already been through this so have a bit of a head start. Good luck.

Well I start a really intense one-year MPhil on October 1, and on September 1 I move to a new country and see my girlfriend for the first time in 3 months. So I don't think I'll be too keen to work on it much during September and early October.

I also made the excel spreadsheet, and most of my documents are ready to go. Good luck to you all as well!

I filled out the Yale app today, even though I'm not sure yet if it will make the cut in terms of fit.

I can't believe I'm putting myself through another round of school applications. Off to Costco to get a case of Mylanta.

We're either gluttons for punishment or we want to go to grad school soooo bad.

I know the feeling. This is my third round of grad school applications. I have to admit, I am pretty excited to get started :)

Second round here. Hoo-ah!

Chicago is going up Sept 8th, and Columbia will be up in October (but it's really annoying - you can create an account and all, but the app isn't there).

What happened last round combos?

It went just fine actually, I got in to four PHD programs, the best is Ohio State U. But I enter neither of them for better school, that's why I am here for the second round.......

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually finding this thread helpful. Can we keep this going with a list of schools that have posted applications?

I haven't actually started any of these applications, but from a preliminary check the following are available (correct me if I'm wrong):

George Washington

Georgetown

Michigan

U. of Washington

UCLA

UCSD

Yale

• 3 weeks later...