Starting two languages at once - suicidal?

Gutian

I'll be starting Latin this year, and I have the option of taking Sanskrit (sometimes offered) as well. I'm pretty good with languages and have a couple other IE languages down pat (Greek, German, French), but starting two languages is something I've rarely tried before (though I did it successfully with Greek and Egyptian), and I'm not sure what to expect from Sanskrit. Any opinions?

Edited by Gutian

I'll be starting Latin this year, and I have the option of taking Sanskrit (sometimes offered) as well. I'm pretty good with languages and have a couple other IE languages down pat (Greek, German, French), but starting two languages is something I've rarely tried before (though I did it successfully with Greek and Egyptian), and I'm not sure what to expect from Sanskrit. Any opinions?

You should be fine. At this point, Latin will probably be a piece of cake for you. Sanskrit is trickier, but no worse than Greek (in my limited experience with both languages...) and if you learned Greek and Egyptian at the same time, this should be even easier. I mean, Latin and Sanskrit are both IE so there are some similarities, but not so much that I think you'd have a hard time keeping them straight. Anyway, go for it, and good luck.