1200 GRE score

Well it depends on what schools you want. Some schools require 1200 to be looked at and by my count you got an 1190 so for those you would need to take it again and some funding goes by gre so for that you want it in the 1300 range. But besides that theirs no reason to take it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip!

I've decided to work on my writing sample and SOP rather than giving GRE again.. Hopefully it will work out..

It all depends. My score is just around a 1200 (1180) but since I am going for media effects and film studies the math portion of my GRE does not matter as much. I would say...your GRE score is fine...work on your writing sample and your SOP to really set yourself apart from other applicants. A student with a GRE of 1300 and one with 1200....well when it comes down to it I think they look more at experience and your SOP, research, publications etc.

In 2008 my scores were 740 and 540 and I got into my first choice, a top 6 school for Mass Com PhD so you should be fine, though as some have, said 1200 is the cut-off for some schools and some schools also look at your GPA from undergrad.