MIDP Sanford 2011

braindead

Hi folks,

I am a potential applicant and will be applying for the MIDP program this year and only MIDP because they don't need the GRE. Is there anyone over here whose currently pursuing the same or planning to apply for it?

I have a couple of concerns regarding the same. Firstly, I am an international applicant and what matters to me the most is the international students at the school and the inclusion of international development related courses in the program. I am also looking at a program that allows flexibility in choosing the courses. Whereas most public policy programs are focussed around US, I find the MIDP program at Sanford to be a perfect match for me.

Can anyone provide me insights into the program such as how is the program perceived vis-a-vis the MPP program? what is the selection ratio for the program? What is the profile of an average student at MIDP? what are the prospects after MIDP wrt placement overseas? Is the MIDP program comparable with the HKS MPA/ID considering that HKS MPA/ID is the only other similar program I have come across? But I think I am not even eligible for the MPA/ID program because I don't have economic background per se.

Are there more policy programs that focus on international development and have a large international student population attending it?

I would really appreciate any inputs.

• 6 months later...

Hi folks,

I am a potential applicant and will be applying for the MIDP program this year and only MIDP because they don't need the GRE. Is there anyone over here whose currently pursuing the same or planning to apply for it?

I have a couple of concerns regarding the same. Firstly, I am an international applicant and what matters to me the most is the international students at the school and the inclusion of international development related courses in the program. I am also looking at a program that allows flexibility in choosing the courses. Whereas most public policy programs are focussed around US, I find the MIDP program at Sanford to be a perfect match for me.

Can anyone provide me insights into the program such as how is the program perceived vis-a-vis the MPP program? what is the selection ratio for the program? What is the profile of an average student at MIDP? what are the prospects after MIDP wrt placement overseas? Is the MIDP program comparable with the HKS MPA/ID considering that HKS MPA/ID is the only other similar program I have come across? But I think I am not even eligible for the MPA/ID program because I don't have economic background per se.

Are there more policy programs that focus on international development and have a large international student population attending it?

I would really appreciate any inputs.

Trying to find out the same stuff myself, hopefully some helpful alum will grace us with their knowledge.

• 4 weeks later...