2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

5 minutes ago, quruxSLP said:

Could please you let me know when you got the email from Western with the info on how to sign up for their portal? 

They sent me the email on January 20th. The email had a Western ID number individual to me. You will need that to follow the other steps. So I followed the link, and input my ID with my ORPAS number to get another Access Number. With the Access Number I could sign up for their online platform. In the email it says if you have any concerns you can contact earmouth@uwo.ca 

14 minutes ago, ElsaNotFrozen said:

They sent me the email on January 20th. The email had a Western ID number individual to me. You will need that to follow the other steps. So I followed the link, and input my ID with my ORPAS number to get another Access Number. With the Access Number I could sign up for their online platform. In the email it says if you have any concerns you can contact earmouth@uwo.ca 

I also received an email from Western on January 20th to set up my "Western Identity"

4 hours ago, ElsaNotFrozen said:

Thanks! That’s so strange, I did not receive an email and I checked my spam and trash religiously. I emailed the email address you included inquiring about my predicament. Thanks once again! 

11 hours ago, quruxSLP said:

Hey everyone! Out of curiosity, did anyone who applied to UofT and/or Western get an email to sign up for their schools’ portal or anything like that? I haven’t received anything like that so I just want to make sure! 

Only Western, but nothing from UofT for me!

10 hours ago, quruxSLP said:

Thanks! That’s so strange, I did not receive an email and I checked my spam and trash religiously. I emailed the email address you included inquiring about my predicament. Thanks once again! 

Can you share whether or not they answer!? Just wondering cause I did not receive an email either. 

10 hours ago, SpeechPath22 said:
Congratulations to everyone who has received an MMI!

Although it is a couple weeks away, I am just wondering if anyone knows of any resources/tips on how to begin preparing?

Thanks in advance :)

I’m also looking for some resources to help prepare but I’m not finding many either! I’m still on the search though so I will definitely post anything I found in this thread! 

1 hour ago, SarahS1998 said:

Hello,

How did everyone do for Casper? I got 3rd quartile and was wondering if this means I do not have a chance of getting into McGill?

Hey! I got 3rd quartile last year and 4th this year. I wasn't accepted last year but I think it was definitely because of my C-GPA, not the casper. 3rd quartile is still good its better than 50-75% of applicants! It's a huge range so it's stressful not knowing what exact score is being sent to the school. But I have seen on reddit people who got into UdeM in the 3rd quartile!

31 minutes ago, ElsaNotFrozen said:

Also already got my rejection from McMaster this morning lol saying "your sub-GPA was not high enough to place you in the top 150 applicants invited for a personal interview" Sigh

Im sorry! I didn't get an interview last year, but worked really hard to improve my sub-gpa through additional courses. Don't give up!

When I received the email last year, it said "your sub-GPA was not high enough to place you in the top 125 applicants invited for a personal interview". It is a little intimidating that they are interviewing 150 this year.. 

Edited by SpeechPath22

21 minutes ago, ElsaNotFrozen said:

Hey! I got 3rd quartile last year and 4th this year. I wasn't accepted last year but I think it was definitely because of my C-GPA, not the casper. 3rd quartile is still good its better than 50-75% of applicants! It's a huge range so it's stressful not knowing what exact score is being sent to the school. But I have seen on reddit people who got into UdeM in the 3rd quartile!

I got 4th last year and 3rd this year! what is your sgpa if you dont mind me asking, mines a 3.53

1 hour ago, ElsaNotFrozen said:

Also already got my rejection from McMaster this morning lol saying "your sub-GPA was not high enough to place you in the top 150 applicants invited for a personal interview" Sigh

Same here?little disheartening but I wish you the best of luck with any other offers you're waiting on!

22 hours ago, SLPAPP23 said:

Congratulations to those who received an MMI invite. Wondering if you’re willing to share what your Sub-GPA is if you did receive an invite? 

This was my first year applying to the SLP program. I was invited to a MMI for MAC and my sub-GPA was a 3.92. I hope this helps and good luck with the rest of your applications:)

On 2/22/2023 at 11:27 AM, SpeechPath22 said:

Im sorry! I didn't get an interview last year, but worked really hard to improve my sub-gpa through additional courses. Don't give up!

When I received the email last year, it said "your sub-GPA was not high enough to place you in the top 125 applicants invited for a personal interview". It is a little intimidating that they are interviewing 150 this year.. 

hey I just wanted to ask where you did additional courses to improve your gpa? im assuming athabasca?

On 2/22/2023 at 10:09 PM, ElsaNotFrozen said:

Hi! It is really sad and I feel you. Could you please specify when you were applying to McMaster? Which year and program, please it is really important for me