2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody! 

I was hoping if any Dalhousie students have an insight into the equitable admission policy that SLP has set up....does it mean there are a certain number of seats reserved, and what do they mean by 'individually considered'? 

I'm Iranian and Chinese...which from what I can tell falls into a racialized minority group, but they specify indigenous and African Nova Scotians...which I'm not, so I can't tell if I am eligible to apply under this stream... 

I know the OT policy specifically states that Chinese individuals are part of the racialized minority group, but not SLP  

Thank you! 

1 minute ago, speech101777777 said:

Hi!! I was on the Dalhousie waitlist for both speech and audiology but received a rejection email today for speech. Has anyone else on the waitlist received this email? 😕

I was also on the waitlist last year and never got accepted but also never received a rejection letter later on in the spring. Wondering if this is a new thing

1 hour ago, speech101777777 said:

Hi!! I was on the Dalhousie waitlist for both speech and audiology but received a rejection email today for speech. Has anyone else on the waitlist received this email? 😕

Hey! I was also put on the SLP waitlist but did not receive an email. If you don’t mind me asking, what did it say? Like did it acknowledge that the class was full and that’s why or did it not mention anything about the waitlist? I’m wishing you the best of luck for an audiology seat :)

2 hours ago, speech101777777 said:

I received a second rejection letter from Dalhousie today as well, but I have no clue whether or not I was on any wait list. I reached out for clarification about this because it doesn't make sense to me that they would send multiple rejection letters (talk about salt in the wound lol) and not indicate if you were on a waitlist. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I am on Western’s waitlist, but today randomly received two emails from 2 different labs within the school of CSD asking about my interest in pursuing a MSc in speech and language science. Did anyone else receive emails of this sort? Also, do any current Western students have any insight related to the research program and how professional opportunities compare to the professional MClSc program? Please let me know:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hoping someone can help me out. So I did not get in, 3rd year in a row. 😕 

I want to start applying abroad (mainly thinking Europe, but open to any English-speaking country). 

I don't even know where to start, are there any resources that walk you through the process? 

Also, is there any barriers when doing your schooling outside of Canada and then coming back to Canada to work? 

Any insight into applying abroad is super appreciated!

On 6/20/2023 at 10:23 AM, BSLP22 said:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share that I received a spot off the waitlist for Western yesterday and have firmly accepted! Good luck to everyone! :)

Hey, congrats on getting in!! Do you know what quadrant you were in on the waitlist?

• 3 months later...

asking for a friend, does anyone know if a phd candidate can be a reference? my friend worked directly under one as a volunteer in a lab and is more comfortable asking them rather than the lab director.