Application v.s. G score of Writing

sammo3182

I intend to apply a PhD program of political science. The scores of my GRE involve a 680 of verbal, a 800 of quantitative, BUT a 3.5 (26%Below) of analytical writing. With such scores, do I have possibility to be enrolled by universities, such as Berkeley, Georgetown U, U of Michigan, or U of Pennsylvania? I feel my writing score is too low, while I am not sure whether it will be a big deal affecting my application...Please give me some advices. Thank you! I am really worried about that in these days~

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your verbal score is pretty good, and it's my understanding that most schools don't really look at the AW score. They use your SOP and writing samples to judge your writing ability. If you are still concerned, you could have ETS re-evaluate your writing assessment (http://www.manhattanreview.com/gre-score-faq/#faq10). Your score may go up after being evaluated by different graders.

See this thread for someone in a similar situation:

Thank you for your reply. Wish everything could go well. I suddenly find being pressed for time. My applications has to be sent before Dec, while now has been Sep.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your verbal score is pretty good, and it's my understanding that most schools don't really look at the AW score. They use your SOP and writing samples to judge your writing ability. If you are still concerned, you could have ETS re-evaluate your writing assessment (http://www.manhattan...core-faq/#faq10). Your score may go up after being evaluated by different graders.

See this thread for someone in a similar situation: