Philosophy Conversion Course

psybr

Hi everyone,

I'm a psychiatrist with almost a decade of clinical experience. I've done a few short philosophy courses and have studied different topics, specially philosophy of mind and epistemology, by my own for the last few years.

I decided to follow a philosophy academic path and possible a whole career change.

I would like some advice and possible course suggestions that would fit my objectives. Would it be more interesting to pursue a bachelor degree, a postgraduate diploma or a masters?

Are any programs that accept people without a philosophy bachelor degree?

Thanks in advance.

On 9/1/2022 at 5:54 PM, psybr said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a psychiatrist with almost a decade of clinical experience. I've done a few short philosophy courses and have studied different topics, specially philosophy of mind and epistemology, by my own for the last few years.

I decided to follow a philosophy academic path and possible a whole career change.

I would like some advice and possible course suggestions that would fit my objectives. Would it be more interesting to pursue a bachelor degree, a postgraduate diploma or a masters?

Are any programs that accept people without a philosophy bachelor degree?

Thanks in advance.

It really depends on your academic profile, but if you already have a bachelor`s degree in any field you could definitely apply to MA-PhD programs in philosophy. It would also depend on your career goals, target programs, and interests.