2023- applicants in cinema studies (film studies)

3 hours ago, KKK8 said:

Hope we get some interviews/offers soon! Good luck! ? Did anyone hear back from Berkeley or UCLA? My email is like dead silent and I'm so dead inside loooll

I didn't apply for UCLA, but my cohort member got accepted! Haven't heard anything from Berkeley though.

3 hours ago, nomis97 said:

I didn't apply for UCLA, but my cohort member got accepted! Haven't heard anything from Berkeley though.

I guess that's another rejection for me... So sad. Did your cohort member get an interview? Thanks a lot for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 3:50 AM, nomis97 said:

Hi everyone! I am also applying to cinema and media studies phd programs this year, so I am happy to connect with other folks. I mostly work on media theory, urban space, and STS in the East Asian context (mostly China). My work is also quite interdisciplinary, and I have applied to a mix of film and media, and interdisciplinary phd programs such as USC, Brown, Berkeley, UCSB, NYU (MCC), Stanford (MTL), and Harvard (East Asian).

To ShirinZZZ above, I am actually a graduate of one of the programs you listed, and I am fairly familiar with all of them. Let me know if you have any questions! 

Hi Nomis, I just saw this message! Sorry for the late reply. I was recently admitted to the CaMS program at USC, but no responses from any other programs. I have given up the Cambridge one since it's a bit European-centered... Can we talk about these programs? BTW, wish you good luck with your applications!

On 2/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, nomis97 said:

Hi Nomis, I assume your cohort applied to the PhD program? congrats! I applied for UCLA's master's program. Do you know anything about the current status of master? Sorry, this might be a lot to ask. 

Hi Lily! I also applied for the MA at UCLA (the integrated MA/PhD track), but haven't heard anything from them yet. Not even sure if they will conduct interviews for MA applicants.

2 hours ago, LilyLi said:

Hi Nomis, I assume your cohort applied to the PhD program? congrats! I applied for UCLA's master's program. Do you know anything about the current status of master? Sorry, this might be a lot to ask.