wrong name in the SOP - did I just make a fatal mistake

Okay, I just submitted the statement of purpose to a program. In the section for future plans I mention that I would like to work for a certain institute. This institute is very prestigious and a long time collaborator of the program. And I am totally freaked out when I saw that in the institute's name, instead of impact I wrote 'change', whereby changing its title. The theme of the program and also my interest is on climate change so I guess I was so obsessed by the term that I made this fatal, idiotic error.

What do you guys think? Am I totally screwed yet? The deadline is still a week from now, so would it be tacky of me to resend a different one, in which the term has been corrected. Nothing else will be changed, so will they notice?

Please let me know what you think.

It's not a fatal mistake, though if noticed it won't make the best impression on the readers. However, it's likely that whoever reads your SOP won't even notice the error, since many times people gloss over parts that are predictable (like this famous institute's exact name). It'd have to be a very unusual situation that will make this one factor cause your rejection, but for your peace of mind why don't you contact the program, say you've noticed a typo in your SOP and attach a newer version? I assure you, no one has the time or desire to compare versions in order to find out where the typo was. Most programs won't have a problem substituting the essay as long as the deadline hasn't past, and then you can put this whole ordeal behind you.

If you can change it, I would. Some programs don't let you change it once it has been submitted though. I made a similar mistake last year in a SOP and they wouldn't let me change it - I didn't get in but I wish you all the best.

I once submitted a part of my application that had an error. The application was in hard copy (rare these days), and when I contacted the administrative person who collected applications she just told me to send a corrected version. I imagine if the application is submitted electronically it will be more challenging to fix.