Submitting letters of recommendation only from my undergrad (as a recent MA graduate)

Alex_123

I recently graduated from my MA program in China, where I didn't have much interactions with the faculty because of the COVID. But my recommenders from the US institution (BA) are willing to write strong letters for me. I was wondering if the lack of a recommendation letter from my MA program would raise a red flag with the admissions committee.

Yes, this will raise a red flag. There's no way to have your main advisor for your MA write a LOR, and let 2 of your undergrad professors write the 2 other ones? You presumably did an MA thesis, which requires interaction with someone.

Thanks a lot for your answer! Yes, I've been trying to contact my main advisor, who wrote me a recommendation letter last year. But for some reason, I am not hearing any reply from her even after multiple attempts.. Should I start reaching out to other professor I used to know during MA program?

On 10/28/2022 at 2:58 AM, Alex_123 said:

Thanks a lot for your answer! Yes, I've been trying to contact my main advisor, who wrote me a recommendation letter last year. But for some reason, I am not hearing any reply from her even after multiple attempts.. Should I start reaching out to other professor I used to know during MA program?

Yes, I'd reach out to the other professor. If the first one eventually responds, great, then you'll have two letters from your MA!