2023 Audiology Applicants Thread (US)

CIborg

Hi everyone! I am an out of field applicant who took SLP/Audiology leveling classes last year. 

I applied to:

1. CUNY Graduate Center (my top choice, waiting)
  2. Long Island Doctor of Audiology Consortium (interview scheduled)
  3. University of Massachusetts - Amherst (waiting)
  4. SUNY University at Buffalo (waiting)
  5. Syracuse University (waiting)
  6. Montclair State University (waiting)
  7. University of the Pacific (waiting)
  8. A.T. Still University (waiting)

If anyone has any information about CUNY (past acceptance stats like GRE and GPA, when interviews typically begin, etc.) I would greatly appreciate it! I know they only accept around 10 students each year, so the wait to hear back from them is especially nerve wracking lol. 

Good luck to everyone! 

Hi everyone!! I’ve applied to:

1. Nova Southeastern -interview scheduled
* applied 1/15, invited to interview 1/20, interview in Feb

2. Texas Tech -interview scheduled
* applied 1/15, invited to interview 2/3, interview in Feb

3. Missouri State -interview scheduled
* applied 1/15, invited to interview 2/2, interview in Feb

4. Pacific U -interview scheduled
* applied 1/31, invited to interview 2/3, interview in Feb

5. Wichita State -waiting
* applied 1/15

6. Kansas -waiting
* applied 1/15

7. Lamar -waiting
* applied 1/15

8. University of North Texas -waiting
* applied 1/5

GRE: 147Q/147V/4.0AWA

Undegrad graduating institution GPA: 3.0

Total Undegrad CSDCAS GPA is 2.79 due to a few hiccups in pre-med sciences

2 Masters degrees in unrelated fields with 3.5 GPA and 3.33 GPA

I took 2 leveling CSD courses as well -intro to aud & aural rehab (3.5 GPA)

I’ve been a graduate instructor and worked at the corporate level for several startups in skincare and health/wellness, but have been interested in audiology for a while and finally decided to try to pursue it! A little nervous since I don’t have a strong CSD background, but staying hopeful.

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Edited by tacocheese

On 1/24/2023 at 12:31 PM, caughtinheadlights said:

Hi All!

So glad I found this thread!

I'm graduating from EMU in April this year. I'm a double major in CSD and WGST with a GPA of 3.91. I didn't take the GRE so I don't have any scores to add for that.

I've applied to 7 schools:

1. University of Colorado-Boulder
  2. Syracuse University
  3. Pacific University
  4. University of Wisconsin-Madison
  5. The Ohio State University
  6. University of the Pacific
  7. Grand Valley State University

I've heard back from Pacific University, University of the Pacific, and Grand Valley State University for interviews. All within the next month, first one this Friday.

I'm so nervous that I've not hearing back from a few but I know at least one of the programs doesn't do interviews (CU Boulder) so hopefully it doesn't mean much that I haven't heard back yet. I keep checking the application portals like they're going to update this soon, knowing most won't until March.

Good Luck to everyone!!!!!

I've heard back from OSU

Has anyone heard from WashU? I had the interview yesterday, and they told me the decision would be made at the beginning of March. But I saw people posting their acceptance already. Start to wonder if WashU makes offers based on the interview timeline or the list of their top candidates.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:22 PM, elsbethetta said:

Has anyone heard from WashU? I had the interview yesterday, and they told me the decision would be made at the beginning of March. But I saw people posting their acceptance already. Start to wonder if WashU makes offers based on the interview timeline or the list of their top candidates.

They extended offers to first round applicants. 

19 hours ago, EllieMK said:

They extended offers to first round applicants. 

Thanks for letting me know! I got waitlisted sadly and WashU is my dream school & top choice :( Still holding a hope......

Congratulations if you get in!!! I wonder if they sent the offer and funding together. 

18 hours ago, elsbethetta said:

Thanks for letting me know! I got waitlisted sadly and WashU is my dream school & top choice :( Still holding a hope......

Congratulations if you get in!!! I wonder if they sent the offer and funding together. 

They send their funding offer in the acceptance email

26 minutes ago, KD Turtle said:

receiving a decision with UNT!
Then getting an interview with UTD. I haven’t heard a thing from UTD.

I haven’t gotten any decision from UNT, but I do know a couple of people that have. Sounds like they send out acceptances on a rolling basis until they get their 12 spots filled exactly. 

I received an interview invite from UTD on 1/27 and had my interview last week on 2/22. 

2 hours ago, CIborg said:

I haven’t gotten any decision from UNT, but I do know a couple of people that have. Sounds like they send out acceptances on a rolling basis until they get their 12 spots filled exactly. 

I received an interview invite from UTD on 1/27 and had my interview last week on 2/22. 

Oh wow, okay! I’m hoping we hear a decision soon from UNT

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I applied to 3 schools:

Wayne-rejeted (was my first interview and i was late to the interview)

Pacific Uni - accepted

ATSU -TOP choice- had my interview expecting to hear next week. Hoping for good news

GPA3.33- Bio major, 2000+ clinical hours (all over). Shadowing for 500+ hrs. volunteering in non healthcare related fields 200+.

Did anyone hear back from ATSU? on acceptances for fall 2023

So far I've heard back from:

• GVSU- Accepted (3/6)
  • University of Colorado- Boulder-- Denied (3/7)
  • Pacific University- Waitlisted Tier 1 (3/3)
  • OSU- Accepted (2/15)
  • UW (Stevens Point Campus)- Accepted (2/17)

Have yet to hear back from:

• Syracuse University (Said their decision would come today)
  • University of the Pacific (others on my interview day have heard back and been accepted)

Also, does anyone know if accepting a waitlist position means you are accepting an acceptance if you eventually get one?

I know I'm still crazy nervous waiting to hear back from the last few so good luck everyone!

Edited by caughtinheadlights

On 3/9/2023 at 11:22 AM, caughtinheadlights said:

• GVSU- Accepted (3/6)
  • OSU- Accepted (2/15)

• University of the Pacific (others on my interview day have heard back and been accepted)

Also, does anyone know if accepting a waitlist position means you are accepting an acceptance if you eventually get one?

I know I'm still crazy nervous waiting to hear back from the last few so good luck everyone!

Heard back from Syracuse today (Accepted on 3/10)

On 3/9/2023 at 9:22 AM, caughtinheadlights said:

• GVSU- Accepted (3/6)
  • OSU- Accepted (2/15)

I don’t believe accepting a waitlist also means you accept an acceptance if you were to get one, just that you agree to be kept on waitlist should a spot open up and then you can decide. Hope that helps! 

Hello, so i got waitlisted to my top choice that being ATSU. To anyone who previously went through this, what are my chances of getting in? into a class that has only 16 students? do I even stand a chance? or should i just look into something else? (knowing at this point I cant look into other school, and my only option is change career path bc of other personal issues) im honestly gradually loosing hope in myself, and ATSU has been the only school I wanna go to but i dont know honestly what did i do or where i messed up. i got wait listed from my top 2 so there's def a reason i wasnt selected as their top choice.                                                                                                                                       

20 hours ago, yehaw said:

Hello, so i got waitlisted to my top choice that being ATSU. To anyone who previously went through this, what are my chances of getting in? into a class that has only 16 students? do I even stand a chance? or should i just look into something else? (knowing at this point I cant look into other school, and my only option is change career path bc of other personal issues) im honestly gradually loosing hope in myself, and ATSU has been the only school I wanna go to but i dont know honestly what did i do or where i messed up. i got wait listed from my top 2 so there's def a reason i wasnt selected as their top choice.                                                                                                                                       

Hiya! If being an Audiologist is your dream, I would check out some other schools with later deadlines. If going to AT Still is your dream, then I would check out other programs. Either way, don't give up hope yet! Where there is a will, there is a way. 

25 minutes ago, SweetTee said:

Hiya! If being an Audiologist is your dream, I would check out some other schools with later deadlines. If going to AT Still is your dream, then I would check out other programs. Either way, don't give up hope yet! Where there is a will, there is a way. 

Hey, thank you for your kind words. ATSU is my dream school, but idk where i went wrong. 2 schools waitlisted me, so i def did something wrong. My problem is, if i dont know later lets say by May, I would have to change career paths, even though i dont want to but that would be my only option (immigration stuff). I rlly hope someone denies their offer. 

thank you and sorry for the long text, i just wanted to get this off my chest

• 2 weeks later...