MPP or DSPP at McCourt?

FGHJKSN

Question

I want to apply for DSPP at McCourt but I don't have a lot of quant and tech trainings (only one quarter of stats and r and python for coding), and I see that one of the recommended prerequisites is calculus:((( is there anything I could do to increase my competitiveness for DSPP? should I take the GRE one more time to get a higher quant score (right now q168 but its only 90th percentile) to compensate my lack of quant background cuz I am definitely not gonna take a calculus course? or should I apply for MPP instead?

social science background with a data science minor, GPA 3.91, GRE v168 q168, also I am an international applicant with basically no working experience 

1 answer to this question

10 hours ago, FGHJKSN said:

I want to apply for DSPP at McCourt but I don't have a lot of quant and tech trainings (only one quarter of stats and r and python for coding), and I see that one of the recommended prerequisites is calculus:((( is there anything I could do to increase my competitiveness for DSPP? should I take the GRE one more time to get a higher quant score (right now q168 but its only 90th percentile) to compensate my lack of quant background cuz I am definitely not gonna take a calculus course? or should I apply for MPP instead?

social science background with a data science minor, GPA 3.91, GRE v168 q168, also I am an international applicant with basically no working experience 

You should probably get work experience and then apply for MPP, but you might be a graduation risk if you go for DSPP to the admissions office. Please appreciate that both DSPP and MPP best cater to quant focused jobs coming out of McCourt.