Applying to Phd Neuroscience Programs

PhdWannaBeMe

Applying to about 15 schools for Phd Neuroscience. Undergrad studied biology at IVY with 3.2 GPA. Completing my Masters in Biology in Spring at top-ranked school and have 3.72 GPA (this GPA will increase more this year but applications due before grades will be posted). Also been working 30 hours a week in a neuro lab for 1.5 years and doing thesis work.

Questions:

1. Is there any way to research admission stats for these programs? Application acceptance rates?

2. Will my Masters GPA help my application since my undergrad was low.

Any advice on how to use grad cafe since I am new would be greatly appreciated.

There's a neuroscience admissions thread if you search for it. I think that your 3.72 will help a good amount especially if you went to a more "grade deflatey" Ivy (not Harvard). Most programs are cagey about their admissions stats but I know that most top programs have admissions rates under 5%. Here's an example of one top-25 program that does publish theirs and usually admits 2-4%. https://www.bu.edu/grad/why-bu/phd-program-profiles/graduate-program-for-neuroscience/

Edited by ManifoldsAreMadeUp