GEM Fellowship 2023 Cycle

AnotherComplainingGradStud

I keep on getting emails from various university peeps congratulating me on being selected by an employer, but I have only had an interview at this point. The employer I interviewed with also stated that they are still interviewing candidates, which means I could not have been selected yet.

Anyone have any advice on this? It is making me even more anxious than I need to be right now!

On 3/2/2023 at 9:33 AM, 8thhousesoul said:

How's everyone doing? Any word from any schools? I've reached out to the ones I've been accepted to, only 1 has responded back. But I have no insight into potential university sponsorship yet.

Purdue gave me an offer before my official acceptance has come in lol. The portal on eGem updated to show the offer with no email from any financial aid officer or anything to accompany it. Aside from that, I've emailed Duke and UMich about funding and Duke said they're finalizing their financial aid distributions and will let students know by March 15. I wish GEM or the university's would be more communicative during this since it seems like I'll be finalizing all this right up to April 15.

7 hours ago, Valt263 said:

Purdue gave me an offer before my official acceptance has come in lol. The portal on eGem updated to show the offer with no email from any financial aid officer or anything to accompany it. Aside from that, I've emailed Duke and UMich about funding and Duke said they're finalizing their financial aid distributions and will let students know by March 15. I wish GEM or the university's would be more communicative during this since it seems like I'll be finalizing all this right up to April 15.

Congratulations!! That’s such good news. Yea the lack of communication is quite frustrating. But you sound like you’re all set regardless. :)

On 3/2/2023 at 2:55 PM, EagleEye602 said:

I keep on getting emails from various university peeps congratulating me on being selected by an employer, but I have only had an interview at this point. The employer I interviewed with also stated that they are still interviewing candidates, which means I could not have been selected yet.

Anyone have any advice on this? It is making me even more anxious than I need to be right now!

If you haven’t accepted an offer from the employer through the GEM portal then I’d wait to get your hopes up. Fingers crossed you get selected though!!

2 hours ago, 8thhousesoul said:

Congratulations!! That’s such good news. Yea the lack of communication is quite frustrating. But you sound like you’re all set regardless. :)

Rn just waiting on my top school, GT, to send out decisions but that might not be until mid/late march haha

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to say if you have an employer sponsor I think the route is to just email the GEM rep at the school about whether the institution will sponsor you and they'll either give you an answer after some time or they'll direct you to someone in the department you applied to. That's what I've been doing and it seems to be working.

Hello, I was selected by a GEM employer at the end of last week (Johnson & Johnson) but have not been contacted by them at all regarding the internship or contract. I already accepted and have the status of "GEM Intern" now. Any thoughts or details from others under J&J? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2023 at 5:30 PM, adelva said:

Hello, I matched with a company (Synopsys) early in Jan, and I just got my first acceptance letter into NYU. I am in time to tell NYU if they can accept me as a GEM Fellow? And do I proceed?

Hey, I'm also matched with Synopsys! If your eGEM website has the blue offer link then yes that means they wish to become your university sponsor.