2023 Chemistry Admissions Cycle Thread

hemroid99

anxiously waiting... I applied organic and I think University of Wisconsin-Madision and University of Chicago might come out this week (according to the threads from other years). Hoping to hear from a few schools before Christmas but I assume they'll mostly come out in January. Good luck everyone!

10 hours ago, TCA1937 said:

Anyone else get an email and/or phone call from Purdue but no official acceptance? I am nervous that the graduate school can deny my acceptance even after the department accepted me. Is this possible?

It is possible, but from what I've heard it usually only happens in extreme circumstances (i.e you lied on your application or you fail a background check).  Just relax.  Congrats on the pending acceptance!

1 hour ago, hemroid99 said:

It is possible, but from what I've heard it usually only happens in extreme circumstances (i.e you lied on your application or you fail a background check).  Just relax.  Congrats on the pending acceptance!

Fair enough, I should be good then. Thanks! Good luck with your schools.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I am so anxious about MIT organic acceptances/rejections coming out. I've been checking my email like crazy (and grad cafe unfortunately). Just to help others, I got into uchicago, northwestern, Minnesota, and Wisconsin-madison before Christmas and IU and UofM after Christmas. I'm still waiting on Caltech, Irvine, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. Let me know if you have any questions about the schools I have gotten into!

3 hours ago, cjb2690 said:

OMG I am so anxious about MIT organic acceptances/rejections coming out. I've been checking my email like crazy (and grad cafe unfortunately). Just to help others, I got into uchicago, northwestern, Minnesota, and Wisconsin-madison before Christmas and IU and UofM after Christmas. I'm still waiting on Caltech, Irvine, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. Let me know if you have any questions about the schools I have gotten into!

I heard Stanford would send interview invites either last week or this week, but it seems like no one heard last week. Hoping for good news this week!