2023 Chemistry Admissions Cycle Thread

hemroid99

4 hours ago, afc17 said:

Anyone know when Princeton will release decisions? Looks like it was around this time last year.

I haven't heard back yet, and I've also not seen anyone hear back either. It seems like they typically send decisions around this time of the year, but maybe we'll hear back next week.

On 1/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, cjb2690 said:

OMG I am so anxious about MIT organic acceptances/rejections coming out. I've been checking my email like crazy (and grad cafe unfortunately). Just to help others, I got into uchicago, northwestern, Minnesota, and Wisconsin-madison before Christmas and IU and UofM after Christmas. I'm still waiting on Caltech, Irvine, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. Let me know if you have any questions about the schools I have gotten into!

Wow, congrats. Still yet to get a decision from the University of Minnesota. I'm still anticipating. Was an interview conducted for you?

On 1/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, cjb2690 said:

OMG I am so anxious about MIT organic acceptances/rejections coming out. I've been checking my email like crazy (and grad cafe unfortunately). Just to help others, I got into uchicago, northwestern, Minnesota, and Wisconsin-madison before Christmas and IU and UofM after Christmas. I'm still waiting on Caltech, Irvine, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. Let me know if you have any questions about the schools I have gotten into!

I'll appreciate any information as regards to the University of Minnesota

PhD in Physical Chemistry

Accepted: Emory, UC Santa Barbara, Lehigh

Rejected: UMaryland

Waiting: Virginia Tech and North Carolina State University

Is it weird when I heard from the top schools before the average ones? My GPA was 3.1 when  I applied so I didn't think I had a good shot for UCSB but I'm so happy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...